Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Sorry TMI – odd symptoms…

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ev123

I’m four days post op and I hadn’t been to do a number 2 until today. My er, stools are very loose and yellow and have me running to the loo every 5 mins. Is this normal for post op? I also feel pretty sick and have a chesty cough. Anyone else??

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi ev.

I’m not a bandster so can’t really be specific but I know one thing – there will be someone along soon who will be able to answer your question. Your bowel movements are bound (no pun intended!) to be out of whack for a while as everything settles in and gets used to how things are going to be from now on. As for the chesty cough, it could be residual anaesthesia floating around making you wheeze a bit. If at any time you get really worried, either call your GP or phone your team at the hospital.
    You have had a complicated surgery so it will take at least a week for everything to settle down.

Doodah x

ev123

Thanks dooyah. I started feeling awful so i called the doctor and he came round to examine me. He says I’ve caught a virus so nothing major worry about 🙂

Oh no, how awful, on top of surgery getting a virus. There is a lot of D&V going round at the moment but this all you need. Glad is not the surgery. I have pains still in my back but that’s about it and some pulling pain at the port site. My email is samvaughan3604@aol.com if you would like to keep in touch. Not a very easy site to navigate I find. Take are feel better soon

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Sam

Can I ask you why you think the site isn’t easy to navigate? If it’s something simple then we can make changes. 😉

Doodah x

ev123

Great 🙂 if anyone is on Facebook, add me – Facebook.com/evie1987 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

I’m on Facebook. Unfortunately my name is Sue Smith haha! Good luck with finding that one. I’m freinds with almost everyone on here though so I should be faily easy to find.

Hi Doodah, I don’t mean to be critical, it’s just when you are new from the front page it’s fairly simple but trying to reload pages or look at updates to your posts you have to seem to keep going back. Would be good if people received notifications for their post updates. I can’t seem to “like” any posts either as it just takes me up to the shout box.

I may be that I am totally non understanding 🙁 Sorry

Doodah
    Keymaster

Don’t apologise Sam, we prefer to have feedback like this so we can address the problem. I will ask out tech person to have a look for you as there may be a very simple solution. Please bear with us and we will try to work it out for you…but don’t stop posting!!!

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media