Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

So Nervous!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MissJones86

Hi everyone,

I have got my first appointment at Chichester hospital next Friday (22/3). Can anyone tell me what the first appointment is for i know its pretty much and all day thing and its at Chichester hospital but don’t know what to expect.

I am so nervous, my weight counsellor told me that i had to know all about the procedure to be considered for surgery but I’m scared that i don’t know enough, i don’t even know which procedure is best for me. My eating habits change week to week so not 100% know.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated

Many thanks
    Tori

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Tori

Welcome to the friendliest place around. You will be pleased to know that many of us knew absolutely nothing about wls (weight loss surgery) before we had our first appointment!

Below are some links that will explain both the gastric band and bypass. They are from our Streamline main website. I had my bypass done at Chichester so i can assure you that you are in the best hands.

My only bit of advice is to be totally and utterly honest. They are not there to judge you (the total opposite in fact) and will answer any questions you might have. They will talk you through everything. I had mine 5 years ago in July so things have probably changed regarding what happens at the initial appointment but i know some of our more recent graduates’ will be along to help you out with that one 😉

Please feel free to ask ANYTHING: none of us are shy.

Doodah x

Laparoscopic Gastric Band,Bypass & Sleeve Surgery | Streamline Surgical

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by clare.williams.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by clare.williams.
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

I had mine a year ago so it might still be the same now, but basically you will see the Bariatric Nurse, Psychologists, Dietician, Anaesthetist, and Surgeon. You will all check you for not only suitability for surgery but also the type of surgery.

Don’t worry to much about it they do have quite a high acceptance rate and will only turn you down for a very good reason.

Just remember, be honest with them, they know when someone is telling Porkies.

The other good thing is that when they tell you that you have been accepted they will probably also tell you how long you will have to wait, when I had my MDT day they where working to a 12 week list and I got my bypass almost 12 weeks to the day.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Great support and advice there Paul – as usual. Thank you.

Doodah x

MissJones86

Thank you feeling loads better now still very nervous but excited 🙂 Will let you know how i get on.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Cool! Look forward to hearing all about it. I am particularly interested as I had mine almost five years ago and am sure things may have changed quite a bit 😉

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Good luck for tomorrow Tori, not that you will need it.

Let us know how you get on.

Paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media