Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Snow!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi everyone.

If you are waking up to snow this morning, hope you are all safe and warm-ish!

If you think you might get stranded, please remember to have water with you along with some food or a ‘snack’. After wls, we feel the cold so badly don’t we? We also use up more energy trying to keep warm so make absolutely certain you don’t skip any meals (I’m guilty of it πŸ™ so this is not a nag!) If you are at home, turn up your heating and drink plenty of hot drinks.

If all else fails, get outside and have FUN FUN FUN!! It’s something many of us couldn’t consider before wls!

Stay safe and warm everyone xxx

Doodah x

Anonymous

stuck at work πŸ™ hopefully go home soon to the warmth of my bed! lol please drive carefully everyone & stay toastie…

ok now i want some toast.

k

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hahaha! Stop it Kim, you have got me wanting it now! Mmm, with marmite followed by a nice brew (20 mins later of course lol)

Anonymous

oops. Sorry! Off home soon so will have my soup then. soup & more soup today. nom nom.

Doodah
    Keymaster

I’m so lucky. My lovely little sister (she’s ten years younger than me but 5″ taller!) makes all my soups for me. She freezes them in soup bags and delivers them. She moved to the Isle of Wight last summer but still brings my soups. What an absolute treasure. Broccoli and Stilton, mixed root veg, leek and potato and spring veg. I sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top for protein or a blob of crΓ¨me fraiche. Handsome, as my Londoner Dad says πŸ˜‰

Doodah x

shelleymarie

I was snowed in at home. I would have had to walk hours to the train station through the woods (only a 15 min drive on a dual carriage way but on foot you have to walk through the woods to get to the station). My mum wouldn’t drive in the snow, can’t say I blame her. Luckily my boss said don’t risk it, which was good because the train I would have had to take home was cancelled and I really don’t think I could of walked over 2 hours in snow, in the dark, in the woods. Scary! Unfortunately we don’t get paid if we don’t go in despite trying which is frustrating. I made myself feel better by doing a couple of good deeds, I went and saw all the old ladies in my road and asked them if they needed anything doing. I got a good shopping list and walked and hour and half there and back to the shop for them (before it got too thick) with a big heavy back pack on so I got a great work out. Felt really good to help people but more so because last timed it snowed I wouldn’t have been able to walk up the drive let alone all that way. That is a great feeling and I’m glad to know they are all ok too. Plus fed the birds in the garden and the woods. Don’t forget them if you have a garden πŸ™‚

Stay safe and warm everyone and enjoy lots of low fat yummy soup and casseroles πŸ™‚ xx

Anonymous

Ah that was really sweet of you ShelleyMarie. I drive lovely country roads for work but thankfully i used to live in the USA so am used to it being MUCH worse than this. Was still happy when they said we could go early tho.

hmm soup…. mom made me nice soup yesterday – lentil & veg. nom nom.

anyways hope u are all nice and warm.
    k

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Guys

Did any of you get properly snowed in? We did. In the end we took the dogs for a walk along by the river. it was SO cold but very, very pretty.

We leave food out for the wildlife as we live on the edge of a 40 acre copse. we even get deer in the back garden! Hope you are all safe and warm as there is more to come according to the met office.

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media