Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Snacks

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    janie61

I there,
    Haven’t been on this site for some time, was previously logged on as janie123′ but had to change due to log in problems. I had my bypass on the 14 th June and have been on solids for a week or so now with no problems. I was wondering if anyone could give me some savoury snack ideas along with appropriate quantities. When reading the book we were given they seem to be all sweet options.
    Thanks
    Jane

Mini babybel light. A ryvita with some peanut butter and marmite xxxxxx

janie61

Thanks wasn’t sure if I was aloud

Depends where you Are in your journey Hun. Re ryvita I’d check with your diet sheet as its quite solid. I had laughing cow triangles early in as they are soft. Now I have shares in babybel!!! Xx

janie61

Trouble is I don’t like cheese and I am half way through week nine so testing solids and doing well, just don’t get on too well with meat.
    Janie

Ok maybe try cracker breads with different toppings . Peanut butter? A scrambled egg and marmite? Wierd but I love it! Also I’ve started eating quinoa. It’s a bit like cous cous but a lot huger in protein. I’m quite lucky as I can do meat . Do you like cottage cheese? Dutch crispbreads are also good xxxx

janie61

Thank you. I will try those. Sort of worried about what is aloud and the amounts. But I will try your suggestions they sound good
    Jane

Glad I can help if you’re worried at all call the dietician . They are really helpful xxxx

janie61

When did you have your surgery?

Feb 23rd so almost exactly 6 months ago. Can’t believe it was 6 months kinda feels like yesterday!!! X

janie61

Wow ,did you have a bypass? And how much have you lost if you don’t mind me asking?

Yep bypass . It was revision from band. Lost 7 stone with band 8 years ago but had loads of probs and eventually put it back on… Now list 5 stone 3 pounds at last weigh . Only weigh on first of month or I get a bit obsessed. I’m pleased. The dietician did say my weight loss may be slower due to previous weight loss but I’ve managed to average 4.5 kilos a month which is apparently a good amount . It’s slowing now so working hard as I want to loose another 3 xxx

janie61

Well done, that gives me inspiration

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi again janie!

We are all so different that the best thing to do is just try things. It may seem like trial and error because, well, that’s what it kind of is!! If you think you might like something then try it (so long as it’s not high in fat or sugar) just a tiny bit at a time until you are sure it’s ok.

This place is brilliant for ideas from others isn’t it?

Doodah x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media