Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

smoking

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป smoking

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

Well iv been on the champix for the last 11,12 days and I had my last cigarette Thursday 19th at 9.45pm…….hopefully mr somers or another member of the team will be very pleased about that when I go down 31st august…I hope I can keep it up! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

Paul-H
    Participant

Well done, you won’t regret quitting, and think of all that extra money you will have, not only from not smoking but from a much lower food bill as well, that’s a couple of holidays a year paid for.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa. FANTASTICALLY well done to you for quitting smoking. Isn’t it amazing what we can do when we need to? Who of us ever thought we could stick to the milk diet for two weeks? But we do it because we know it is the first step to a happier healthier life so we just get on with it.

I hope you can stick with the quitting smoking too because, like Paul points out, it will not only make you healthier by miles but the money you save can be spent on things that are good for you like holidays and treats (bet a good portion of it will go on clothiers though lol.)

Again, congratulations and keep up the good work. Mr Somers will be delighted with you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

hazelann70

I used Champix and I would call it the no willpower pill. It is fantastic and really doesn’t require any effort at all. One side effect I had was within about 5 minutes of taking it, unless I’d wrapped it around food, my stomach would burn inside for a few minutes and then go away again. It was well worth it for the whole no smoking part. I’m struggling again with my weight so thinking about the soup, yogurt and milk diet again. Grrrr

Paul-H
    Participant

Will power is a very odd thing, when it came to giving up smoking I managed to kick a 60 a day habit, without the aid of patches, pills or anything, just stopped and went cold turkey, ok Denis Heally putting them up to around a packet was the real reason, but I did it just the same, and that was in the early eighties, but dieting and I had not an ounce of will power.

Paul

lisac2012

ahh thankyou for the replies….I have been struggling a little bit but im doing better than I could of ever imagined. Day 5 done ๐Ÿ™‚ holidays treats clothes….oohhh the list is endless hehe. Yeah with the champix I have to make sure I eat with it or it leaves me feeling really sick :-/ doodah I’m quite excited about the milk diet…(weird I know) lol and prob won’t be sayin that when I’m on it but its like a little challenge ๐Ÿ™‚ next step of my journey…anyway I hope to continue well with the smoking I’m sure il update ๐Ÿ™‚ only 38 days till first appointment I’m on the countdown on my phone hehe xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Lisa, I was really excited about the milk diet too. I have slight (my family would argue ‘slight’!) OCD so the minimalist element of the regime suited me perfectly. I found it easy to follow and had great results (1 stone lost in 2 weeks) so I’m always really keen to hear how others find it.

Keep up the good work – you are ROCKING it xx

Doodah x

lisac2012

Hehe ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m told I have OCD on many occasions lol Aww thanks huni day 6 today wooo. Bit sore and achey today but need to rustle up some energy for housework and a sort out :/ x enjoy the sun x

Lauren
    Keymaster

You too x

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media