Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Sleeved for a month

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Other Bariatric Surgeries and Plastic Surgery ยป Sleeved for a month

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    falcon

Wounds all nicely healed, weight down 27 lbs, feeling very tired but everything seems to be going well.

Weirdly having loads of fat days and not feeling the loss at all.

Not feeling hungry at all, I forget to eat or just don’t fancy anything. I have to get better at reminding myself to eat.

Congrats on the weight loss, glad you’re feeling good. I’m so glad I had my sleeve, it’s taken some getting used to but I’m getting there! Go out for my first meal with the family on Sunday to a chinese restaurant! Am planning my 4 mouthfuls very carefully ๐Ÿ™‚

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s great to have some ‘sleevers’ on here with whom to share wisdom and support. It’s also educational for me!

Fab weight loss. Really try to remember to eat regularly as that will keep your metabolism ticking over. When we starve ourselves, our bodies go into famine mode and hold on to every last ounce of fat on which it can feed in the future – hence no weight loss. Isn’t the body clever. Bit too clever when we are trying to shift the pounds though!

Keep up the good work and thank you for posting so regularly. I will start a new thread just for Sleeve patients so you can all ‘meet’ up together there and swap tips ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

falcon

I’m having to make an effort to eat regularly to maintain energy.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Falcon

Please don’t forget you have had major surgery and one that is supposed to help you control your appetite. However, if you are feeling poorly, I suggest you contact your team. So long as you keep hydrated, you should be fine (and take your supplements) but as I am not a clinician, it would be wrong of me to say ‘Don’t worry’! If it were me, I think I would contact my team just to be on the safe side.

Hope you are feeling a bit brighter today ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

falcon

I’m not poorly, just low energy but I have been allowing myself to go far to long between meals. Trying to be more disciplined.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@falcon 28747 wrote:

I’m not poorly, just low energy but I have been allowing myself to go far to long between meals. Trying to be more disciplined.

Your logical thinking and forward planning bode very, very well for your future. Good on you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

falcon

After years(decades) of feeling bad every time I eat it is a huge change in mind set to remember that it is important to eat regularly. The old habits of the past are deep rooted.

Lauren
    Keymaster

As they are with about 99% of us who opt for wls. It can be done though. I didn’t get to 26+ stone by mindful eating!!

There is nothing virtuous about skipping meals. It’s almost as self destructive as constant eating. finding the happy balance will come but it will take time. In the meantime concentrate on keeping up your fluids, taking your supplements, getting enough gentle exercise to keep everything moving (not eating causes constipation in the long run) and allowing yourself some time to adjust. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself and learn to love yourself again ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dodoah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media