Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Sleeve 21st may

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Other Bariatric Surgeries and Plastic Surgery ยป Sleeve 21st may

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@triedeverything 28512 wrote:

How did you get on with the milk diet Selena? I found it not as bad as I thought but today I had a very painful BM (sorry TMI) so need to take some stool softeners, wasn’t expecting that on milk but I suppose there is no fibre being consumed. At least things are moving which is better than not.

So I’m packing my case today and driving down to Portsmouth this evening to be admitted the night before surgery as I’m first on the list tomorrow. It’s very exciting although I am a little nervous.

I haven’t told 2 of my friends who I see a lot because they are very gossipy and I don’t want the world to know. It’s awkward as it’s my birthday on Friday and they kindly keep texting me asking if I have plans (I normally go out on my birthday) and I have been evasive to say the least! As it happens I may still be in hospital but maybe not? Wondering if I can pull of this ‘big secret’? I really don’t want them to know!

Anyway Selena are you ok, are you nervous? What time is your surgery tomorrow have you been told yet?

You know what? Surgery is a private and personal matter so why SHOULD you discuss with with them? You could always tell them you are having GI (gastro intestinal surgery) and play the ‘not quite sure’ card as to what will be done specifically. Not that you should have to of course. It’s nobody’s business but yours. I shouted about my surgery from the rooftops but that’s just the way I am lol!

Not long to go now. So very excited for you and really looking forward to hearing all about it as we don’t have many ‘sleevers’ on here ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep in touch and the very best of British luck to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

The milk diet wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be just been really tied , had trouble once with my BM . Went round my mums yesterday with the whole family and they all had roast , it looked so nice lol oh well at least I had my stoke cube . I’ve told sum people , and sum people I’ve told I’m going in for a hernia op . I’ve got to be at qa for 7.30 tomorrow which is ok cos I only live 2 mins away ,I think I’m 2nd to go in . I’m a little nervous but also exited . Just think this time tomorrow u should be all done and looking forward to your new life ๐Ÿ™‚ good luck hun xx

So I’m here at QA in my room it’s very nice and I’m watching Corrie! Just one problem I’ve got a urine infection and my 5 day course of antibiotics hasnt cleared it up so I took extra pills as I get them all the time . I sincerely hope this won’t affect my surgery the nurse didn’t think so even though I’ve got an ache in my side before the op and keep needing a wee! Typical to happen now!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh NO!

How are you now? Fingers and toes crossed for you sweetheart ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

I’m now sleeved yay , and how’s everyone else that was done yesterday feeling ?

Congrats Selena I’m feeling pretty rubbish to be honest but getting a little better as time goes on.
    Had a lot of indigestion type pain post op and today its a bit less but more tummy pain. I’m trying not to use my pain pump today. How are you doing? I managed a small cup of tea well half a one.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Selena Musselwhite 28547 wrote:

I’m now sleeved yay , and how’s everyone else that was done yesterday feeling ?

This is so typical of a wls patient – always asking after other people. I’m so proud of you all.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@triedeverything 28548 wrote:

Congrats Selena I’m feeling pretty rubbish to be honest but getting a little better as time goes on.
    Had a lot of indigestion type pain post op and today its a bit less but more tummy pain. I’m trying not to use my pain pump today. How are you doing? I managed a small cup of tea well half a one.

That pain is more than likely trapped wind believe it or not. The surgeon pumps your stomach cavity full of it to make it easier to work in there. It often goes up into the shoulders so don’t be surprised if that happens. It will pass. Very gentle walking helps enormously.

Don’t be afraid to use your pain pump – it’s what it’s there for! The easier you find it to move, the quicker you will ‘recover’. Hope you have a good day and thanks for keeping in touch. Your new life has started WOO HOO!

Doodah x

I feel ok today just a little pain , so hoping they can take my drips away and pain pump, and manage my coffee . When I woke up yesterday I felt soo sick . Still hoping I can go home tomorrow xx what room num r u . I’ll come and visit if I can x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Often, the friends we make at the time of our surgery become friends for life. I’m still in regular contact with my ‘surgery sister’ Susan. We were on the same ward together at St Richard’s almost five years ago ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Hey Selena I’m not sure what room number I’m in but my name is Fran xx

So home and it’s post op day 3 it’s my birthday and I feel not the best. A lot better than I did feel so it is getting better but just very tired and a bit sore. Really hating all the meds but it’s part and parcel of the surgery and for my own good. Looking forward to feeling normal as soon as possible.

When will I feel normal ? Feeling sore and light headed but had a better night sleep , I’m feeling very sorry for myself ๐Ÿ™

Lauren
    Keymaster

@triedeverything 28593 wrote:

So home and it’s post op day 3 it’s my birthday and I feel not the best. A lot better than I did feel so it is getting better but just very tired and a bit sore. Really hating all the meds but it’s part and parcel of the surgery and for my own good. Looking forward to feeling normal as soon as possible.

I promise you that in two weeks time you will absolutely fine. You have had major surgery so you are bound to feel ‘delicate’.
    Take things at your own pace, be as kind to yourself as you would be to anyone else and keep sipping water. Also gentle walking will help to ease the pain but if it becomes problematic you could try some mint tea or charcoal tablets.

Activated charcoal/Magnesium hydroxide – medicines and drugs – NHS Choices

Peppermint tea – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both are available in supermarkets cheaply.

Keep up the good work ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

treeza

Triedeverything & Selena I really hope you both start feeling better soon. Just try to think of all the positives. Any surgery takes time to get over so be kind to yourselves. Take care x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media