Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Sleeve 21st may

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Other Bariatric Surgeries and Plastic Surgery ยป Sleeve 21st may

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone I’m new on here and I’m being sleeved on 21st may by shaw somers in portsmouth ,I’m so excited .

Hi Selena me too!!! Exciting isn’t it!? I’m also being sleeved by Shaw Somers on 21st at the QA, How much would you like to lose have you thought about it? I need to lose around 7 stone and hoping my knees will finally stop hurting!!

Hi there , not long to go now only 15 days to go not that I’m counting lol. Yeah I’m really excited . I would like to lose around 5 stone . Have u started ur pre-op diet yet ?

No I start mine 1week before and seeing the dietician the day before. Going on a 1,week milk diet how about you?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Selena Musselwhite 28318 wrote:

Hi everyone I’m new on here and I’m being sleeved on 21st may by shaw somers in portsmouth ,I’m so excited .

Hi Selena

It will be really interesting and informative to hear how your sleeve works. We don’t have many sleevers on here so it will be highly illuminating for everyone. Please keep in touch ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Not long to go now , start milk diet on Tuesday and pre-op on Thursday . I think I’m a bit strange as I’m excited about it all ๐Ÿ™‚

Me too! I’m seeing the dietician tomorrow and have so many questions but she could only see me at 2.30 and I will literally only have time to see her for half an hour as I need to urgently get back to pick my girls up from school.

I haven’t told my kids and feel bad about that but it’s so I don’t worry them, they are 10 and 13 so not babies but I know they will be very upset about this so I’ve told them I’m going for a Spa break and will be changing my diet. They are used to mum going on diets so hopefully they will be ok with it but we’ll see.

Not long to go now!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

I’m also very excited for you both!

As for lying to your children – it’s up to YOU to do what you think is best for them. They are far too young to question what you tell them anyway. All they will know is that Mummy will get healthier, fitter and happier – that’s all any Mum can do for their kids xx

ps we tell kids white lies all the time…tooth fairy, Santa etc… so don’t feel guilty ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

And so the milk diet begins : /

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good luck with it. grit your teeth, make the absolute best of it you can and always keep in mind why you are doing it. It will make things safer and easier for both you and Mr Somers! i won’t lie – it’s not easy (although I love milk and didn’t struggle too much with it) but boy is it worth it.

Keep us up to date and don’t forget to come on here the minute you feel you might waver. Just writing it down can sometimes help and you know we will ALL understand and support you.

Bon Voyage – this is the first step of your journey to being a great big loser ;-))

Doodah x

Well day 2 of the milk diet and it’s made me very tired! I have been ok otherwise but having to do a long drive to the QA for my pre-op was a challenge as I don’t think I was firing on all cylinders!

But had my bloods done now, ECG and full health questionnaire so it’s all good. I’m first on the list so they have agreed I can come in the night before which helps with kids etc.

Talking of which I came clean with them today as the bariatric nurse said that they like to keep Sleeve patients in 3 or 4 nights rather than just 2. As this was quite a bit longer than I thought I told the kids and they were actually fine about it. I underestimated them!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@triedeverything 28471 wrote:

Well day 2 of the milk diet and it’s made me very tired! I have been ok otherwise but having to do a long drive to the QA for my pre-op was a challenge as I don’t think I was firing on all cylinders!

But had my bloods done now, ECG and full health questionnaire so it’s all good. I’m first on the list so they have agreed I can come in the night before which helps with kids etc.

Talking of which I came clean with them today as the bariatric nurse said that they like to keep Sleeve patients in 3 or 4 nights rather than just 2. As this was quite a bit longer than I thought I told the kids and they were actually fine about it. I underestimated them!

I LOVE this post. I personally am always hugely surprised at the way children cope with things – way better than us! They can put us to shame can’t they? I guess they have the advantage of innocence on their side – they don’t worry about the future or what might happen – they concentrate on the here and now. I SO envy them.

Also, as children, they spend every day learning about and accepting new things. So long as what they are learning is positive for them, they accept it. They will have a happier, healthier mummy who will be able to do more with them for longer – what’s not to love about that?

I actually remember days 2 and 3 being the hardest. It gets easier from then on. You are doing brilliantly.

Doodah x

The milk diet has made me tired too, thank god for crusha , I’ve told my little girl I’m going for a op to make me healthy and she fine with that. Had pre-op today and the nurse tried 5 times to get blood out off me lol she got a bit then gave up. Anyway I’ve lost 5 lb so far on the milk diet which I’m pleased about ๐Ÿ™‚

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Selena Musselwhite 28487 wrote:

The milk diet has made me tired too, thank god for crusha , I’ve told my little girl I’m going for a op to make me healthy and she fine with that. Had pre-op today and the nurse tried 5 times to get blood out off me lol she got a bit then gave up. Anyway I’ve lost 5 lb so far on the milk diet which I’m pleased about ๐Ÿ™‚

When I walk in to the blood test room, all the staff go ‘Oh No’ haha! I have had to have blood taken from my feet, hands, ankles and head before. Horrible. However, a really good tip is to drink LOADS of water before you go. It plumps up the veins beautifully so people like us might only have to suffer three or four stabs instead of dozens lol!

5lbs loss already. That is brilliant. Would take 2 weeks on a conventional diet. Like you say, thank goodness for flavourings.

Kids accept things so easily don’t they? We could (and should) learn an awful lot from them!

Well done for sticking with it hon. The first three days are the worst. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

How did you get on with the milk diet Selena? I found it not as bad as I thought but today I had a very painful BM (sorry TMI) so need to take some stool softeners, wasn’t expecting that on milk but I suppose there is no fibre being consumed. At least things are moving which is better than not.

So I’m packing my case today and driving down to Portsmouth this evening to be admitted the night before surgery as I’m first on the list tomorrow. It’s very exciting although I am a little nervous.

I haven’t told 2 of my friends who I see a lot because they are very gossipy and I don’t want the world to know. It’s awkward as it’s my birthday on Friday and they kindly keep texting me asking if I have plans (I normally go out on my birthday) and I have been evasive to say the least! As it happens I may still be in hospital but maybe not? Wondering if I can pull of this ‘big secret’? I really don’t want them to know!

Anyway Selena are you ok, are you nervous? What time is your surgery tomorrow have you been told yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media