Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Sicky

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sharlotte

Hi,
    I’m not sure how full my band is now (my surgeon won’t tell me :-/) but I had a fill 3 weeks ago and although I have been fine for the 3 weeks, yesterday and today I’ve been really sick and in pain ๐Ÿ™ I’m struggling to eat anything really :-/ not feeling hungry! Is this normal iOS my band too tight? I’m confused, can anyone help???x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@sharlotte 27995 wrote:

Hi,
    I’m not sure how full my band is now (my surgeon won’t tell me :-/) but I had a fill 3 weeks ago and although I have been fine for the 3 weeks, yesterday and today I’ve been really sick and in pain ๐Ÿ™ I’m struggling to eat anything really :-/ not feeling hungry! Is this normal iOS my band too tight? I’m confused, can anyone help???x

Hi Sharlotte.

Are you a Streamline patient?
    If you are in any doubt, contact your team and ask to be seen asap. You should not be experiencing any pain or being sick all the time.It’s what they are there for.

Please let us know how you get on. You should know how many mls you have. it’s your right.

Doodah x

brown69owl

Hi Sharlotte

Sounds like your band is too tight, call the hotline number or surgeons secretary and they will see you ASAP.

You will feel so much better by having a tiny bit of fluid taken out.

Jackie x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Just out of interest Jackie, do you know how many mls you have in your band?

Doodah x

brown69owl

Hi Doodah

No I have no idea as they do not give you a record of it and I always forget to record myself.
    I think it is so that you do not become obsessed with the amount, I recently had to have some taken out due to being too tight and now have the best restriction.

Jackie

Lauren
    Keymaster

That’s really interesting, thanks for that Jackie. Glad you have hit your ‘sweet spot’. Must feel great ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess we can all become obsessed with the ‘numbers’. How many of you weigh yourself every day? have you kept a record of inches lost? I do none of these things so I wonder if I am in the minority? I keep a check on my weight by my clothes. if they get a bit ‘snug’, I go on soup for a week. That usually sorts it out for me. How about the rest of you? Do you have certain things you do to let you know you have been eating too much/the wrong things?

Doodah x

sharlotte

Thanks ladies!!!

I can’t get to the hospital because of work commitments, so I’m hoping that with time and weight loss it might get looser!

I’ve stopped being sick now and eating a lot less, telling myself it’s ok to be a bit hungry sometimes!!!

Doodah I tend to weigh myself once a week, although I was told not too :-/ my cloths are all gettin too big now and I have brought lots of new bits and bobs ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m nearing the 4 stone loss mark ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for your advice Jackie, I’m going to see Richard on 5th April, by then I’m hoping to be at my 4 stone loss ๐Ÿ™‚ hope your having a fab time in Florida ๐Ÿ™‚

Lauren
    Keymaster

WOW Sharlotte! 4 stone – woo hoo! You go girl, that is fantastic. No wonder your clothes are too big haha!

Once a month weighing is more accurate to allow for time of the month for us ladies ๐Ÿ˜‰

Glad you have stopped being sick too. That is ruddy miserable.

Well done – you big loser ๐Ÿ˜€

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media