Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

sick on milk diet

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, I am on day 4 of my milk diet and for some strange reason milk is making me sick (vomiting twice a day) so really struggling to get through my milk quota. Am still having the jellies, oxo and extra fluids but wondering if not drinking all the milk would affect my liver shrinkage even though I am religiously not eating and.actually not getting hungry. I have lost 5lb so far in 4 days so not doing bad x

If I were you Id call up your Hospital and talk to one of the nurses….Let them know, see what they advise x

alalgar

Hi Katie, I am on my second milk diet and am also struggling with the amount of milk (yesterday I managed only 1.5 litres). I am adding some skimmed dried milk to each glass to ensure I get all the proteins but am not sure that is right. I will call the dietician on Tuesday to check with her. Otherwise not feeling hungry and doing well with the rest. I am a bit concerned as I have to go tomorrow for a week to work away from home and am not sure how I will manage this staying far from home. When are you having your op? I will have mine (bypass) on 17th.
    All the best and hope your “no milk” reaction gets better or you get a solution.
    Alvaro

Doodah
    Keymaster

I would advise anyone having any sort of reaction that isn’t expected on the milk diet to contact their dietician. They are qualified health professionals who have access to all your notes etc. You shouldn’t be vomiting 🙁

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media