Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Should i be concerned?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    neehaa

Hi All,

I had my bypass on 27th June at St Richards. I am feeling great in myself & have healed really well. I am following the dietary guidelines given, & have been quite active, walking for at least 1-2 hours every day, but i have only lost 3.6 kg since my surgery! I understand that we all lose weight at different rates, but if I’m being honest, I feel slightly disheartened at achieving such a small loss!

Have other people experienced similar… Or could I be doing anything wrong? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Neehaa x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    No need to worry it has not been a month since your bypass and when I had my bypass 16 months ago you average out at loosing about a stone a month, but don’t forget you are still healing from your surgery and from the gas that they pump into you for that surgery and you have lost quite a lot of weight since surgery so you are doing really really well, don’t forget take it easy you have had major surgery so don’t try to run before you can walk, at your stage post op I was only managing to walk about half a hour before having to rest so the fact that you are walking for as long is good, just don’t over do it.
    Elaine x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Great advice Elaine.

Neehaa, you have had major surgery and your body is working double time to try to recover so be gentle with it. A 3.6kg weight loss is fabulous – almost 8lbs in old money and it’s not even a month! I do think you are perhaps trying to do too much though. Like Elaine said, take it easy and let your surgery settle in. Everything is still healing so take great care of it!

Don’t be disheartened, you are right on track. Follow the guidelines, stay positive and trust the surgery to do it’s job. We are all here for you 😉

Doodah x

neehaa

Thank you both for your words of wisdom. Have taken your advice & taken it a little easier today, have also decided to hop on the scales only once a week.

Neehaa x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Once a week weigh-ins are more than enough. I know how tempting it is to keep checking but therein lies madness! I can fluctuate up to 3 lbs in any one day at the moment (menopause) so it would tip me over the edge to weigh more than once a week. Actually 4 years post op (next week) I use my clothes as a reliable guage of how I am. 1 stone lost = 1 dress size, so if my clothes are even just a bit snug (and I know it isn’t hormonal/bloating etc) I go back to basics. It’s what ‘normal’ people do apparently ;-))

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media