Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

shoreham support group?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Megan123

Hi,

I read that Shoreham has a support group, was wondering if anyone could tell me where abouts please?

<>

Thanks
    Megan

janie61

Hi Megan,

There is a support group at the mile oak in in mile oak portslade. The only thing I will say is that I won’t go and a lot of others have stopped going. I don’t know their reasons , but I don’t appreciate the fact that some of the members flout all the rules that go with Bariatric surgery. I don’t think that it gives the right message to those considering this journey and it isn’t helpful in making the appropriate choices for the individual contemplating surgery. A support group is supposed to do just that, support you. Not show you how to bend or break the rules or totally disregard them in favour of crisps choc, alcohol etc. I’m sorry but I feel very strongly that if you are going to undertake this journey you need to know all the facts to make the right choices.
    Jane

janie61

Ps

This is the one that used to be held in Shoreham on a Monday night

Doodah
    Keymaster

@janie61 28148 wrote:

Hi Megan,

There is a support group at the mile oak in in mile oak portslade. The only thing I will say is that I won’t go and a lot of others have stopped going. I don’t know their reasons , but I don’t appreciate the fact that some of the members flout all the rules that go with Bariatric surgery. I don’t think that it gives the right message to those considering this journey and it isn’t helpful in making the appropriate choices for the individual contemplating surgery. A support group is supposed to do just that, support you. Not show you how to bend or break the rules or totally disregard them in favour of crisps choc, alcohol etc. I’m sorry but I feel very strongly that if you are going to undertake this journey you need to know all the facts to make the right choices.
    Jane

Hi Jane

I’m really shocked and sorry to hear this about the Shoreham group! You are completely right when you say that a support group is supposed to be about helping and encouraging each other to live a post bariatric surgery life within the guidelines that have been set. Otherwise what is the point?

Have you ever thought of starting one yourself? The one in Harrow run by the wonderful Stacey Brova of Streamline Surgical is the model of what a support group should be. I travel there every month from Southampton (200 mile round trip at my own expense, not Streamline’s) because it is so brilliant.

Stacey organises everything, with a ‘co-pilot’ in place should she ever be unable to attend. We chat, tell our journies for any new people, add up our weight loss, have guest speakers and generally bring along anything we think might be of benefit to anyone living with wls: considering, pre-op, post-op and way down the line like me. I’m almost five years post op but still need support!

I’m horrified to think that people are being taught how to cheat. It’s NOT what a support group is supposed to do.

Doodah x

Anonymous

Just caught a glimpse of this post from Jane…. I started my own support group Jane as the one i was part of had the same thing happen. I no longer run it but so need the support. the RIGHT support…..

Hope you sort something out.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Maybe you could consider doing what I do Kim and travel up to Harrow? It’s only once a month ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Anonymous

may have to do that. can you please inbox me the details? thanks Doodah! x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Kim. Have PMd you the details my lovely ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

If any of you are interested in coming to the Harrow Support Group just let me know and I will give you the details x

janie61

Hi Doodah,

Where do you travel from?

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi there Janie

I travel from Sunny (today anyway) Southampton down here opposite the Isle of Wight. It’s a bit of a trek but SO worth it ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Kimbo

Can you please send me details of the Harrow support group Doodah

Thanks xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Kimbo 28208 wrote:

Can you please send me details of the Harrow support group Doodah

Thanks xx

Have sent them to you in a private message Kimbo x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media