Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Shaw Somers talking about weight loss surgery in The Independent.

Home » Topics » Welcome to Streamline Surgical » Streamline Surgical & Shaw Somers Media » Shaw Somers talking about weight loss surgery in The Independent.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster
    Lelly

I read this article with great interest, I realise that there would be a lot of criticism over the new “Nice” recommendations but as long as people are not using this operation as a quick fix, then I cannot see a problem. I have a BMI of 70 and because of that weight cannot exercise to help a diet. If I am accepted for WLS then I will not waste this opportunity to re-start my life, I will eat healthily and exercise. This is a chance in a lifetime to change as I was a chubby child, fat teenager and obese and now morbidly obese adult. No-one can say that I haven’t tried to lose weight as so many others have, all we ask is give us another chance. I have everything crossed for 16th January and it could be the start of the new me, whoop whoop!

Lelly

I have to say, to look at you now Doodah, you would never think that you had been big, you look stunning and have such a lovely caring personality x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 32944 wrote:

I read this article with great interest, I realise that there would be a lot of criticism over the new “Nice” recommendations but as long as people are not using this operation as a quick fix, then I cannot see a problem. I have a BMI of 70 and because of that weight cannot exercise to help a diet. If I am accepted for WLS then I will not waste this opportunity to re-start my life, I will eat healthily and exercise. This is a chance in a lifetime to change as I was a chubby child, fat teenager and obese and now morbidly obese adult. No-one can say that I haven’t tried to lose weight as so many others have, all we ask is give us another chance. I have everything crossed for 16th January and it could be the start of the new me, whoop whoop!

That’s it Lelly! We just want to be given the chance (and the tools) to re-build our lives. Anyone seeing it as a ‘quick fix’ is in for a terrible shock when they realise it is a whole lifestyle change – forever.

Nothing tastes as good as a healthier body feels! Or a happier mind. In fact, both are utterly priceless.

I’m so looking forward to hearing all about your surgery. I always say it (and always mean it) that the anticipation of waiting for the surgery is like that of children waiting to open their presents on Christmas morning!

Not long to go now, Woo hoo!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 32945 wrote:

I have to say, to look at you now Doodah, you would never think that you had been big, you look stunning and have such a lovely caring personality x

Oh, thank you so much Lelly. That’s such a lovely thing to say. I honestly DO care about everyone on here and in the support groups. I have made lifelong friends through having weight loss surgery and I’m confident that you will do the same. My BMI was 64 so I know where you are coming from. It IS possible and we will all help you as much as we can.

Doodah x

Lelly

Ahh shucks! Thank you but I am sure you will get fed up of my posts if I get the surgery :O)

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 32952 wrote:

Ahh shucks! Thank you but I am sure you will get fed up of my posts if I get the surgery :O)

I honestly will never get tired of your posts! I love how excited people get when they are waiting for the day that will change their lives for the better forever. We all tune in to the excitement and re live it.

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media