Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Seven months on and ten stone lighter

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Had my gastric bypass on the 10th of April and now ten stone lighter and size 16-18 at present. I am so pleased with my achievement so far, still have a bit to go and need to look at introducing more exercise now as well and was thinking of going swimming again.

sharlotte

Truly inspirational! Well done, your hard work is paying off! Enjoy your new lease of life!!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Sara* 26508 wrote:

Had my gastric bypass on the 10th of April and now ten stone lighter and size 16-18 at present. I am so pleased with my achievement so far, still have a bit to go and need to look at introducing more exercise now as well and was thinking of going swimming again.

Sara, you are a weight loss machine! What an absolutely stunning achievement.

Swimming is the very best exercise to start with. You can’t damage yourself (unless you attempt some Tom Daly moves) and it gives your entire body a workout. It’s also great for toning.

I hope you are more than pleased with your progress – you should be on cloud nine. I’m very proud of you. You are living proof of what can be done with hard work, dedication and the will to make a happier and healthier life for yourself.

Doodah x

Whitey

Congratulations Sara your weight loss is amazing. Well done x

jansus28

Amazing well done! That keeps me going now xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Aren’t these post simply inspirational?! Long may they continue 🙂

Doodah x

Floyd

wow, that is an amazing loss, I am hoping to start swimming again soon too but need to lose a little more to get into my swimsuit! well done Sara.

Floydee x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Floydee – buy a really cheap one slightly bigger. You will fit into the original one in no time at all if you start swimming! I hit the pool and gym loads for the first two years. Always limiting myself to what I could actually do without aggravating my asthma and arthritis. It worked wonders. Underneath my excess skin I am quite well toned for a woman my age!

I started six weeks post op with gentle water exercises – the weightlessness in the water was divine (being 24 stone, it was bound to be) and I’m certain it speeded up my weight loss then helped me to maintain it. The natural ‘high’ from exercise is brilliant too. I have an exercise bike 2m away from my desk. When I take a break, I get on it and peddle for 15 mins whilst listening to music. Do that twice a day and you have done half an hour each day! Simples!

Doodah x

78rpm

excellent well done!

Anonymous

Hi all, thank you for all your positive comments. I have now lost just over 11 stone and also go horse riding three times a week as we have recently starting part sharing a horse which is a dream come true and would never have been possible before my gastric bypass x

Lauren
    Keymaster

WOW Sara!! That is absolutely fantastic! Like you say, a dream come true for you.

11 stone lost. That is a grown man! Such a magnificent achievement. Well done you 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media