Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Seem to have lost my way

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vickihayling

Hi all,

I could do with a bit of advice. I have lost 8 stone with the band and have just reached my 1 year post op so I am VERY happy but I have stayed the same weight for a couple of months now and I need a bit of advice/kick up the bum to shift the last few stone.

I have 10ml in a 14ml band and it is possibly a little too tight but I have finished my package so I am loathe to have any removed. However, if I do get sick a few times a week and if im honest I tend to treat myself with cereals/cake as I know they go down easy. I never bothered with the sweet stuff before as I prefer BIG food but now I seem to have switched for the stuff I know will go down easy.

So how do I get myself back on track – it would be really helpful to see a one day food diary from someone still losing a pound or 2 a week.

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I can’t really advice you as I am not a bander but a bypass and year post op is coming up this Friday the 23rd and I am now having to fight for every pound I lose as I have now only about 3 more stone to lose and what I am finding helps with me is to write everything down that I eat that way I can see what I am doing and correct it if it is wrong, I do get weighed every Wednesday which again helps me to keep on track and I am finding that some weeks I lose nothing, another week I can lose up to 5lbs and again another week I can put on up to 2lb so it is abit hit and miss but at least I do feel as if I am in control of my weight and it is not in control of me. I hope this helps though I am sure and bander will advise you more.
    Elaine xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Vicky.

I too am not a bandster but know several people who are. The two things that they have used to get their weight loss back on track are: food diaries and (boring but true) exercise. I know one band patient who has lost 11 stones and yet hadn’t thought to start a food diary until it was mentioned on Streamline’s Facebook page! She now writes down what she eats daily so that she can see where her ‘danger zones’ are and at what times. We humans are very much creatures of habit and resist change fiercely so it makes sense to see in black and white with what, where and why we slip up. It’s a great habit to start as it is like looking at your own reflection and seeing things clearly.

As for exercise – boring I know but Oh my goodness it can jump-start your metabolism like nothing else. It also has the added benefit of improving our mood. My dear friend John Taylor has started exercising seriously (he’s just had his first opiversary) and lost 5.5 last week! He is also so upbeat, he’s like a young boy: full of the joys of spring lol!

I do hope the tips we offer are useful. I’m certain other bandsters will come up with better tips but I hope these help a little.

Doodah x

vickihayling

Thanks – im feeling much better tody. I have been really strict and almost put myself back to the milk diet days so hopefully this will get things back on track – off for a brisk walk by the sea now. Winter is always my downfall, just feel like staying in the warm and pigging out – so its bloody good job that I can’t anymore !

hides

Hi vicki
    Think we spoke along time back, just before my band op. I can offer you no advice, but what an amazing weight loss you have achieved. I’m so pleased you started this thread, from the point of view of a ‘warning’…. Having said that , i’m sorry to hear you are struggling. When i think i’m going wrong i use the diary method.

I’m only halfway to my weight loss goal and 5 months post op , but my naughty habits are starting again. I am in control ( just ), but i dont want it to get any worse. So maybe you can offer me advice. I’ve lost 3 stone 4lbs, but i’d be happy at 5 but would love to get to 6. …. Exercise is not my favourite thing, did this play an important role in your weight loss ?

Heidi

Doodah
    Keymaster

@vickihayling 22336 wrote:

Thanks – im feeling much better tody. I have been really strict and almost put myself back to the milk diet days so hopefully this will get things back on track – off for a brisk walk by the sea now. Winter is always my downfall, just feel like staying in the warm and pigging out – so its bloody good job that I can’t anymore !

So glad you are feeling a bit better Vicki. I think you are spot on with the Winter thing. It makes sense that we all want to eat more, if nothing else but to try to keep warm! I guess it’s just re-training ourselves not to turn to the old ‘bad’ foods (and too much of them) that got us where we were in the first place. The brisk walk by the sea sounds lovely so might do that myself tomorrow 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media