Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Seem to be eating more than ever this week

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » The Pre-op Liver Shrinkage or Milk Diet » Seem to be eating more than ever this week

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    derlooker
    Participant

Hi Lisa here again.

I seem to be eating more than ever this week. I know this is mad. I want to be thin – I have forever. But after seeing my GP last week, – getting my preliminary appointment date with doctor Sommers I am wanting all kinds of foods I really should not be eating.

My GP has told me to follow a low gi type diet as this is what I should be eating after the operation. But I am wanting chocolate. It is maddening.

I have heard from others post op and really took inboard the need to be mindful afterward and not eat hi sugar items but I am worried that if I can’t curb my appetite now. Will I be able to after my operation?
    If anyone has experienced this could they let me know what I should do please.

Thanks. Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Anonymous

Hi Lisa, It really is pretty common to go through these emotions right now.
    Last Supper Syndrome hits most of all, mine lasted for a good few weeks before the milk diet. So much so that my actual last supper I had planned never happened because i could not fit any more in….

Depending on bypass or band is how your going to deal with things, having a bypass will have the hunger gone, your have to remind yourself to eat, the band is a little harder to master from what I understand, its going to be hard to fail,,, not unless your hell bent on taking the risk of hurting yourself..

It is manageable, habbits change as does the choices you make, you wll select healthier options without thnking, hard to believe but true…

Having a support group or friends to pick you up is the best, we all fall of the wagon and go off the rails occasionally for whatever reason…

So your try things your not supposed too, you get plenty of warning lol… and learn from the experience….

Your do it…your manage and the rewards are worth every struggle….. its easier than you might imagine for most….

Fear not, If I can do it ANYONE can lol

Buzz xxx

derlooker
    Participant

Hi Buzz,

Thanks for your lovely reply. It is good to hear that I am not the only one that has done this. I get to calling myself all kind of horrid names in my head and that is less than helpful.

September the first cannot come quick enough. I hope that Mr Sommers thinks this is the correct route for me and I can find a way out of my food & weight prison. Sounds dramatic but that is how it feels a lot of the time.

When I spoke on the telephone to the doctors secretary she thought he would recommend bypass due to me having a sweet tooth (she does not know the half of it:-) ) So I hope I can look forward to not having the hunger.

Anyway hope to talk again soon. Bye for now.

Lisa

Renn

Hello Lisa and thank you for your pm.

As others have said this is a difficult time for us all. However once you have had the operation things will begin to change as you take tiny steps on your journey to a slimmer and healthier new you.

I follow the GI way of eating and the dietician agreed it was a good way to eat post op. The food stays in your tummy longer and balances your blood sugar. You know when you have something like a donut say then feel ravenous after an hour…well it levels things out and has worked well for me.

If you would like to email me on my website I can help you more with this. You have found the best place on here. I don’t know how I’d have got through the liver shrinkage diet without the forum. They are always here for you and will support you through life’s ups and downs.

Obesity Weight Consultant for Southampton I Weight Management Programme for West Sussex I Lifestyle Weight Consultant for Portsmouth Have you been to a seminar? ask Doodah on here about going. Try to get to a support group they are listed on here too and I hope there’s one near your hometown, Lisa.

Bye for now

Renn (Madeleine) one of your many new buddies.

Nettie

I had last super syndrome for about 3 weeks before my op you are perfectly normal my love, stop worrying everything will be fine.

Nettie xx

ruby tuesday

Lisa, I havn’t read your replies, as just got home and rather tired, but I can tell you despite how much I want to be thin, I denied myself nothing pre-milk diet, and Mr Summers had actually told me when I saw him briefly, to enjoy my last month before surgery. So, chocolately cereal that I never normally eat, choc nesquick milk, and tea and cake were my favourites. I think this is normal, and unless your surgeon puts you on a diet to loose a certain amount before he will operate, I would say, don’t worry about this now.

If we could do it on our own, we would not be having the surgery lovey, so no beating yourself up ok! xx

Oh, and I was not hungry on the milk diet, because the glasses are spread through the day, and are protein, just looked forward to my salty drink in the evening, and appreciated the jelly which I don’t normally like, so I think things kick into place once they have too!

madge143

Hello xx I too had last supper syndrome… I planned to have all my favourite foods, on the two weeks leading up to my pre-op diet, I picked a country for every night of the week and ordered from those take aways! ( still cant work out why I needed surgery I was so disciplined!! Lol ) but you will amaze yourself at how different you feel afterwards I panicked alot about the same thing your worrying about, but it all kinda fits into place xx im 4 weeks post op today and I don’t pretend to be an angel yet I’ve tried to walk before I could run and have made a couple of bad decisions but have felt so awful emotionally as I felt if let myself down and physically as I was uncomfortably full that I soon learned my lesson the first few weeks at least are all trial and error as everyone is different and can tolerate different things but again you will amaze yourself at how you cope.. I know alot of people say this but if I can do it anyone can!!!!

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I to ate for England before I started the milk diet, had every take away I could think of, a lovely roast dinner and everything I fancied I had lol, since I had my bypass don’t really fancy anything now and I have to remind myself that I must eat but at nearly 7 stones lighter I really don’t mind.
    Elaine xx

derlooker
    Participant

Wow seven stones. That is amazing. My appointment has been brought forward to Saturday. Can’t believe that it is happening. For the first time in ages I feel excited. Think I lost all hope.

derlooker
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am glad to say that the ‘wanting to eat everything in sight syndrome’ has thankfully passed.

I now realise I was pre menstrual and as normal wanted to mainline sweet stuff.

I have also been trying to cut down. My doctor suggested three meals a day with two small snacks. I am amazed at how 3 medium sized plate meals, that are made up of protein & salad/veg, plus an apple or yogurt for the snacks fills me up. I feel so much more satisfied.

I am really looking forward to meeting Mr Sommers on Saturday and finding out how I go on from here. I am really hoping that I am accepted and I can move on toward an operation sometime soon.

Lisa x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Renn 18741 wrote:

Hello Lisa and thank you for your pm.

As others have said this is a difficult time for us all. However once you have had the operation things will begin to change as you take tiny steps on your journey to a slimmer and healthier new you.

I follow the GI way of eating and the dietician agreed it was a good way to eat post op. The food stays in your tummy longer and balances your blood sugar. You know when you have something like a donut say then feel ravenous after an hour…well it levels things out and has worked well for me.

If you would like to email me on my website I can help you more with this. You have found the best place on here. I don’t know how I’d have got through the liver shrinkage diet without the forum. They are always here for you and will support you through life’s ups and downs.

Obesity Weight Consultant for Southampton I Weight Management Programme for West Sussex I Lifestyle Weight Consultant for Portsmouth Have you been to a seminar? ask Doodah on here about going. Try to get to a support group they are listed on here too and I hope there’s one near your hometown, Lisa.

Bye for now

Renn (Madeleine) one of your many new buddies.

Hi there

I’m Doodah! Please let me know if you would like to attend a seminar. Also, support groups are, in my humble opinion, by far one of the most important aspects of success both before and after weight loss surgery. You need NEVER be alone.

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media