Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Second fill heres hoping!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    natalieyoung

Yes it’s hard to survive on 1400 cals but maybe when my band is adjusted it will be easier. I have not got another fill till the 20th of April as I will be away when my surgeon will be available for next fill.

katy

I have never really counted calories, like doodah said, I just focus on the fat and sugar content.
    My dietician worked out that I have been taking in around 1200 a day since my bypass nearly a year ago and I am now a little underweight so have been asked to increase my intake to 1500-1800 a day. Weirdly I am finding it really hard as I am never hungry so am pushing in the highest protein and low GI carb items I can find and am trying to squeeze in a couple of lattes a day!
    It’s so weird having to suddenly focus on calorie intake when up until this point I have been told not to!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

I attended a funeral on Tuesday and was told I looked ‘gaunt’ and needed to ‘stop losing weight’. I was dressed entirely in black and was feeling extremely sad – doesn’t take much to work out why I was looking thinner and a bit hollow cheeked! Plus it was one week to the day that I had a wisdom tooth out which fractured my jaw so pain might have also been a factor.

So long as we are getting adequate nutrition, are healthy and we are neither too heavy or light, I can’t see what all the fuss is about!

Hope you make it through the next few weeks ok Natalie. Just keep doing your best – it’s all anyone can ask x

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Thanks everyone I am focused this week not going to let myself slack. If I even give it my all for the next 4 weeks then my holiday I can relax a little then hopefully a fill after that.

Lauren
    Keymaster

That’s the spirit Natalie. Just do your best. It’s all that you can do really isn’t it? If you follow the guidelines in the first year, it will set you up for a lifetime of success 🙂

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Thanks Doodah I really stuck to my 1300 cals this week and have lost 5lb so that’s 29lb gone!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natalieyoung 27710 wrote:

Thanks Doodah I really stuck to my 1300 cals this week and have lost 5lb so that’s 29lb gone!

5lbs?! That’s FANTASTIC Natalie! Well done sweetheart. Hope you are pleased with yourself? :-))

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Ah I am delighted Doodah obviously I was eating foods that were too high in calories.

Lauren
    Keymaster

I think it’s a very easy trap to fall into Natalie. We can be eating very little volume wise but huge calorie wise. You have made some changes and are now seeing the benefits. I’m so pleased for you x

Doodah x

bakes28

Well done. That is great

Lauren
    Keymaster

The band journey is really quite different to the band one isn’t it? Good job we are such a broad mix on here – it means we always have someone with whom to share our experiences to the letter!

Saying that, we are all very different as patients. What one might find a breeze, another may find absolutely intolerable. I have had to become a full vegetarian since my bypass but it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I have friends who have had to do the same and it is a nightmare to them in the beginning. It’s amazing how quickly they learned to accept that it was the ‘price to pay’ for a longer, healthier and happier life though.

My only daily groan since wls? Being cold. I will never, ever get used to it. However, i would not swap it for all the tea in China…..hang on….nope not even all the tea in China haha!

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media