Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Second fill heres hoping!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    natalieyoung

Just had my second fill and am hoping my weight loss starts again as have maintained for the last 5 weeks! Anyone any advice?

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are you today Natalie? have you noticed any difference? Really hope so 😉

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Hi ya Doodah yes I am noticing a huge difference. Have to seriously chew my food now. Had a bit of a food stuck episode today and thought I would pass out. It took about 5 minutes but eventually went through the band. I am scared of eating now!

Lauren
    Keymaster

LOL! Don’t be scared, just focus on eating as slowly as possible. One of my friends who is a band patient, uses a timer to work to. She sets it for 20 mins and makes sure she makes her food last that long. She chews every single mouthful 20 times too. Up till now, nothing has stuck. It works for her so maybe try it and see? It’s not always possible to set a timer unless you have a phone that has that sort of function but it might help to establish a better way of eating so that in the end you won’t need the timer? By the way, I’m a bypasser and even after almost 5 years, I ate my dinner too fast the other evening – boy was it horrible. Frothing for 20 mins then had to get it up. Stupid, stupid mistake made because I left eating my dinner too late. We will forever live and learn :-/

Doodah x

Mands

i know im only a week post op but i still have some kind of restriction there and i worry about chewing and swallowing lol … ate some mashed potato and gravy yesterday for lunch and u would think that would be fine but i think i ate too much then i topped it half hour later with a home blended strawberry banana and milk juice … i was in agony thru my shoulder my left boob and chest … dont want to repeat that ever again !!
    Natalie im so glad that the fill is now working for you … are these fills painful when you have them done ??

Mands xxx

Mands

@Doodah 27621 wrote:

LOL! Don’t be scared, just focus on eating as slowly as possible. One of my friends who is a band patient, uses a timer to work to. She sets it for 20 mins and makes sure she makes her food last that long. She chews every single mouthful 20 times too. Up till now, nothing has stuck. It works for her so maybe try it and see? It’s not always possible to set a timer unless you have a phone that has that sort of function but it might help to establish a better way of eating so that in the end you won’t need the timer? By the way, I’m a bypasser and even after almost 5 years, I ate my dinner too fast the other evening – boy was it horrible. Frothing for 20 mins then had to get it up. Stupid, stupid mistake made because I left eating my dinner too late. We will forever live and learn :-/

Doodah x

Cheers for the chewing 20 times tip Doodah and the timer i think i will do that as well, i keep looking on here at people who are having revision surgery and personally i never want to go through weight loss surgery ever again in my life i’m even struggling with the idea of skin removal at a later date now cos i just dont like surgery and with the band being my first surgery ever it will also be my last lol at the moment.
    Would love to come see u next time im home in Portsmouth you are an inspiration and reading some of the stuff you write on here helped me last week when i was really low following surgery xxxxxxxx

natalieyoung

I had a fill on Saturday and it is my second fill. It does not hurt at all. I barely felt anything. My surgeon does not numb the area I think some do he always finds the port first try.

Mands

@natalieyoung 27634 wrote:

I had a fill on Saturday and it is my second fill. It does not hurt at all. I barely felt anything. My surgeon does not numb the area I think some do he always finds the port first try.

Cheers i’m due one in 3 weeks mine will be with the aftercare nurse though i think xxx

natalieyoung

The nurses are really well trained aswell in doing the fills. It really does not hurt I swear I barely even notice it.

Lauren
    Keymaster

The nurses who do the fills are so highly trained and well practiced that, like Natalie says, if you closed your eyes you wouldn’t even know it was being done!They are a total godsend. A friend of mine is a bariatric nurse practitioner and I think she could quite possibly do it in her sleep haha!

Doodah x

pgoldsmith

I have had 6 fills in 18 months and no one time has it hurt 🙂

Paul

natalieyoung

Does everyone with a band stick to the 1200-1400 calories a day.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Natalie

I wasn’t even aware that bandsters had to stick to calories. None of my friends have done it. Be interested to know why? I’ve never counted calories but then I’m a bypasser. not sure my bypass ‘colleagues’ have either though. We concentrate on fat/sugar levels.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

My surgeon said 1400 cals but it’s really hard as my band still needs another fill. Finding I am hungry during the day.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Yes, that is quite low isn’t it? I think the secret is to make sure you get plenty of lean protein. It keeps you fuller for longer and it is absolutely essential to the healing process too.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media