Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

scrapbook/folder

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป scrapbook/folder

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

Hi I’m putting a folder together with allsorts of pre and post op tips,recipes,letters I recieve etc and before/after shots,list of questions for surgeon. Did anyone else do this? Kinda like a timeline of my journey ๐Ÿ™‚ if anyone has any useful tips or tasty recipes that would be wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for reading x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

katy

Hi Lisa
    I started a blog before I had the surgery. The support from friends and family has been overwhelming! It’s kind of like an online journal for me to look back on everything that has happened. I put photos, links to videos and useful websites and I also hope to develop some recipes that are suitable for WLS people.
    I’m 3 and a half weeks post bypass, I have lost 4 and a half stone (inc the pre op diet) and feel great. I think it’s a brilliant idea to keep some sort of ‘journal’ . I share mine with my friends and family but even if it’s just for your own benefit it will show you the path you trod to get to where you are or want to be.
    Love Katy x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I think almost every wls patient has some sort of blog/scrapbook, even if it’s just before and after pics. I know I have mine. I think it would be a great idea to swap info and ideas as well as recipes and fashion tips!

Doodah x

lisac2012

Wow katy that’s a great loss well done! ๐Ÿ™‚ yeah I think even if I have it to remind my self what I went through on the journey and just general tips that I can use to help me ๐Ÿ™‚ am defo going to include before and after snaps. The beauty tips and that sounds like a good idea. Gonna put in there a list of things I want to achieve/looking forward to post op ๐Ÿ™‚ ahh I’m feeling more positive than I ever have before, sorry I ramble hehe x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Ramble away Lisa, we will all listen and enjoy it.

I only mentioned style/beauty tips as so many of us ladies foregt what our style is after so many years of buying something that fits rather than what we like. It can be co confusing when you suddenly find yourself given heaps of choices! I’ve been big for so long that things I would have worn earlier in my life are now totally age inappropriate! Make up and hair are the same. If I’d had long (ish) blonde hair at 26 stone, I would have looked like Miss Piggy!! Maybe I still do…. Getting advice from others is invaluable.

Doodah x

Doodah

lisac2012

Haha I assure you there is no resembelance of miss piggy in your pic hehe ๐Ÿ™‚ but I hear what your sayingy wardrobe is definatly comfort over style, and I try and picture how il dress after surgery and its so hard to see. X x

Doodah
    Keymaster

A tip for learning your style here. John Lewis and Debenhams have a FREE personal shopper available. You book the time then a qualified stylist helps you to make the right choices for your new size and shape. It’s like having your own Gok Wan go shopping with you (although in my case it was a tall, amazonian Polish girl not a funky, fabulous Anglo-Asian guy like my beloved Gok!) She really knew her stuff and you are under NO obligation whatsover to buy anything – you will though lol!

I’m sure other stores must have them too.

Doodah x

lisac2012

Wowwww!! I must look into that I love gok ๐Ÿ™‚

I am still debating between doing a Notebook/scrapbook with monthly pictures and bmi/weight/measurements, perhaps some blogging in there about how difficult or easy I found or find things…OR….I may just save myself loads of time and do it all online on youtube….as i can upload photos, and put them across, etc etc…..then people like my mother (who lives an hour away and is an internet junkie lol) can see it regularly and friends who want to follow me.

Hmmm while writing this I think ive made my decision!

lisac2012

That’s a nice idea. Be nice for your mum to get access to it, ny folder is mainly for me but I will use it to show my nephews when they are older etc. Want it to be like a little journal ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Bluebutterflier 22599 wrote:

I am still debating between doing a Notebook/scrapbook with monthly pictures and bmi/weight/measurements, perhaps some blogging in there about how difficult or easy I found or find things…OR….I may just save myself loads of time and do it all online on youtube….as i can upload photos, and put them across, etc etc…..then people like my mother (who lives an hour away and is an internet junkie lol) can see it regularly and friends who want to follow me.

Hmmm while writing this I think ive made my decision!

Brilliant idea. One of our fellow wls people (and a close personal friend of mine!) John Taylor has done loads of videos about Streamline Surgical on You Tube. They are hilarious yet at the same time hugely informative. It’s great for all his friends around the country and world to be able to see him shrinking before their very eyes!! He is one of the funniest men I’ve ever met and a great deal of his vids are very tongue-in-cheek (and often a little bit rude) but we look forward to them so much.

Your family and friends will love it!!

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media