Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Scared & excitied at the same time

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stardusk

It’s a very strange feeling scared & excited at the same time have been given an op date for bypass for the 18 Sep. how can I be excited about something that is also scaring me at the same time 🙂 got 2 & half weeks to go start the milk diet next week – these next 2 weeks are going to be like waiting for Christmas to come, they are going to go so slowly!! Will need to keep busy busy x

Whitey

Hi Stardusk I know how you feel I had my bypass in June and I remember feeling exactly the same. I was excited but part of me wanted to back out and the old me was trying to convince me I was ok as I was and I didn’t need to have the op. But looking back now I am pleased I went ahead. 12 weeks on I’m feeling good and I’ve lost almost 4 stones. Good luck to you and think of your milk diet as the first positive step to a new life! x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi there Stardusk.

Isn’t it bizarre how something so important and thrilling can also be totally terrifying?! I felt the same right up until the last moment when I was given the anaesthetic, then I just thought ‘In for a penny in for a pound’ deliberate pun there lol.
    I felt so calm and knew in my heart that I was doing exactly the right thing. I have never looked back. It was the third best thing I have done after getting married and having my two children. Enjoy the ‘scary’ feeling as it really is like waiting for all your Christmases to come at once!

Doodah x

flabulous

Hi Stardusk. I’m being banded in 3 weeks and feel exactly the same! 🙂 Have you had your wls yet ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are things going Stardusk?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media