Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Saying hi

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stardusk

New to this site just want to say hi, I’m in very early days of my journey on the 21/12/11, my PCT advised me that NHS funding had been agreed, so now I’m waiting for my first appointment, fingers crossed I won’t have to wait to long, but you all know what the NHS are like with their waiting lists!!

kathc

Hello and welcome !! If I’m honest I hated the waiting !! Be patient though you will get your turn . Well done on getting funding what a huge relief .

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

ruby tuesday

Welcome, and best of luck with your application. x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Stardusk and welcome to the forum. The waiting is annoying but I used the time to mentally prepare myself for the huge changes I was going to make to my life with weight loss surgery. I spent literally hours surfing the net to find as much information as I could about the surgery and what to expect afterwards. Althought the waiting is frustrating, it is also exciting like being a child before Christmas lol!
    Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. Where, when and who re: your surgery…?

Doodah x

stardusk

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome xx the tips & advice on here are great thanks xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Stardusk

Congrats on getting your funding. This time last year I has waiting for my assessment date, having spent Christmas doing my five day food diary, which at the time I thought was a bit of a bummer but it helped me to get my head together to realise the changes I was going to make to ensure this operation was as successful for me, as it had been for others.

You didn’t say which area you are, there may be a support group near you that you could go to for that help and support we all need when on this amazing journey.

All the best and let us when you have your assessment date.

Take care

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 21113 wrote:

Hi Stardusk

Congrats on getting your funding. This time last year I has waiting for my assessment date, having spent Christmas doing my five day food diary, which at the time I thought was a bit of a bummer but it helped me to get my head together to realise the changes I was going to make to ensure this operation was as successful for me, as it had been for others.

You didn’t say which area you are, there may be a support group near you that you could go to for that help and support we all need when on this amazing journey.

All the best and let us when you have your assessment date.

Take care

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Great point Lesley. Support groups are at the crux of success both mentally and physically. I have made true life-long friends from my support group: BONUS!!!

Doodah xx

Irene

Welcome Stardusk,

Look forward to hearing how things are progressing for you.

What area are you in? Which hospital are you looking at? Which surgeon?

Good luck with you first appointment when ever that comes through.

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Stardust,
    Welcome to the forum we are nice friendly bunch on here and will answer any questions that you may have. This time last year I was waiting for my date to have my bypass, as I had had my pre assessment done on the 21.12 2010 and the wonderful Mr John had said I should have the op. The waiting I think is the worse part of all, waiting for that phone call to tell you the operation date, frightened to go out in case you miss it and heart in the mouth every time the phone rings but oh so worth all the emotional roller coaster and the waiting as here I am nearly a year down the line 9 stones lighter and have my life back, I sometimes have to look twice if I catch myself in a full length mirror as I really can’t believe that it is me.
    Anyway welcome once again and do keep posting to let us know how you are getting on.
    Elaine xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media