Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Sauna

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    johncg

Hi all
    I’ve been using the sauna after my days workout, I just wondered if it’s ok with a band???

I’m trying to sweat some of my chins off..

I have more chins than a Chinese telephone directory …. Lol

Live John xx

ruby tuesday

Can’t see why not John, just monitor how long for and drink water afterwards. I spent a few mins in the steam room, but not too long as still quite weak and didn’t want my blood pressure going up.

Anonymous

Hi John,

Just wondering… as a diabetic I was always advised not o take sauna or steam rooms in the past.
    I think it might have been because of high blood pressure but not sure.

As for the band I dont suppose it will hurt as long as your keeping hydrated, but if you do currently suffer from high blood pressure I would pose the question with your nurse just to be sure….. not that it will be forever, blood pressure ususally turns pretty normal very very quickly after GBS…

All the best buddy and I very much doubt those chins will stick around long…… I love gooseneck lol its sometimes the only way I can spot former fatteis…….

Buzz x

Nettie

John, we’ve heard about your sauna experiences before lol!!

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

I didn’t start using sauna/steam rooms until I’d lost (almost literally) a shedload of weight as it would have made my blood pressure soar. I LOVE using them now – the hotter the better. Not sure about bandsters…will try to find out 😉

Doodah xx

cazza

Hi Ya
    I’m a bander & i’ve been in sauna’s & steam rooms since having my band and have had no problems what so ever.

Cazza

hides

Hello cazza
    I’m sure i read on another thread that you were having your band redone soon. Can i ask why ?
    I’m having mine done in 3 weeks.
    Heidi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media