Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Ruby Tuesday’s progress

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Your body will take little weight-loss ‘holidays’ every once in a while! You have been asking a great deal of it lately so can you blame it?! Once rested, it will come back from holiday with renewed vigour to get the job done xxx

Rosie Posie

Hi Ruby
    Well done on your progress so far. Remember band patients loss weight slower than bypass. Think positive even if you lose 1lb a week that’s 52lbs a year nearly 4stones. It’s better to lose slowly as it will stay off longer. Remember we have to work at it the band is only a tool, trust me I have nearly 4 year of it. I was told yesterday at my check up to use a side plate and aim for 800 calories a day, so there goes my chocolate bars lol. Keep your chin up and keep smiling.
    Rosie xx

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

Rosie Posie

Hi Ruby
    Sorry thought you had band not bypass. It is possible to over eat with bypass I read you can stretch your pouch so still look at calorie intake. Don’t know what they recommend for bypass daily limit.
    Rosie xx

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

ruby tuesday

Thanks Rosie, I definately can’t over eat, I have had trouble getting sufficient food to maintain energy into my little pouch! I think my body is in starvation mode basically as it is still not long since my op, so the doctor says it is hanging on to every bit of stored energy, and the balance between intake and excercise and stored energy is just not at the right tilt yet, but as my engergy increases and I am able to excercise more, I hope to also get more food in, and it should all kick off again!

ruby tuesday

I just bought a smaller size pair of jeans, that didn’t do up a couple of weeks ago!!!

Nettie

Well done Ruby, it’s such a nice feeling isn’t it

Nettie xx

ruby tuesday

It is isn’t it, size 24 to 18 (bottom half), in 8 weeks, wee! I only bought my size 20 jeans a couple of weeks ago, and have had to replace them already, yet my weight stayed at the same point, strange. It has started to move now, thank goodness, only a little, but I am uping the excercise gradually, more swimming last week as well as daily walk, back to Pilates tommorow, so hope it will move down substantially now.

luckyflower

Well done Ruby,
    I need new jeans now but taking note of your post I might hold off few weeks as hopefully I will be joining you on losers bench and will also start going down sizes.
    Am looking forward to going down in size and looking forward to shopping in normal shops. Especially being able to get tights from anywhere, at the moment I have to go to Evans only.
    Well done again.
    H

ruby tuesday

Dear lucky, you will definately be needing smaller jeans, do hold off buying them, wish I could have passed all of my clothes to someone who was post-surgery, as it would save so much money, but have been ferrying them to charity shops, as I don’t know anyone in my area who is going down from my size to give them to. Your milk diet being 2 weeks will mean you loose on that, so give it a couple of weeks post-op too, and you will be just thrilled! xx

Pietre

Well done Ruby.

ruby tuesday

Well, no weight loss all of October, despite the excercise and healthy food, then took a break, no dog-walking over half term as the owner was off work, and due to acute vertigo which started during Pilates, no other excercise either. That continued over the next week, and suddenly the weight fell off, leaving me now at 3 1/2 stone lost including milk diet, so very pleased. 4 stone lost since I first saw surgeon in April, as I had managed to loose 1/2 a stone whilst waiting for the op and walking alot, which does put this surgery into perspective really, as that took some months to achieve!

Bit more nice clothes shopping, but still have used lots from storage and trying to be frugal until I reach my ultimate goal weight, which would mean about 3 stone more to go, but do feel I look better, so confidence definately increasing! Have been through the wringer with the vertigo and family problems combined with computor crash, so not been good lately, funny how catty people get just coz you loose weight isn’t it.

Doodah
    Keymaster

As I said in your other thread, Ruby …..JEALOUSY! You always were gorgeous so now you must be an even bigger threat to other people’s sense of self worth. It’s their problem, not yours xxx

Nettie

Well done Ruby, you are doing so well xx

tinkly_roars

Hi Ruby

So glad to hear you’re doing brilliantly well and that you’re weightloss has got the kickstart you were hoping for.

Can’t wait to see you and give you a hug

Tinks xx

luckyflower

Ruby sorry you have had a difficult time. Well done with the weight loss!! sounds like you are doing well, keep up the good work!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media