Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Rice – part 2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Emily.p

Hi all

Just a little update I tried rice for the first time tonight which has been the only food I have been scared of and it’s gone well I over cooked it so it was soft and chewed well and has so far stayed down so I’m happy as I love rice.

Emily xx

kathc

Hi Emily how long post op are you ?

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Emily,
    As I said have tried rice twice, first time great second time not so good but think that was my own fault for eating to quick. tried it again tonight and have not had a reaction but it was slowly ate and chewed well.
    Elaine xx

Emily.p

Hi

Katherine I am 11weeks post bypass op.

Ganny well I made sure I chewed well so i think that’s key so hopefully I will be good with rice if I’m careful which I’m thrilled about as I do love rice!

Emily

mandyl

im ok with rice but if i forget and eat it too quick i regret it x

tinkly_roars

Hi Guys

This is really inspiring – i’m going to try rice this week – must remember to cook it really well and chew it lots.

Tinks x

Ms Ellie

Rice…. Sometimes it goes down well and sometimes it dosent!!!!! Fills you up pretty quick too!!!

Doodah
    Keymaster

I’m 3 years post op and still can’t eat rice! Not a problem as I can eat pasta and much prefer that ;-))

sonia kidman

Hi All
    Have any of you had bread as I am dieing for a sandwhich.I tried tomatoes and lettice a few days ago and was so sick never again lol.
    I have tried rice but was not good,not had pasta but could give that a go just worried.
    Sonia

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Sonia

I haven’t have a sandwich but I have had a wrap, which just about touched the spot. it may be the lettuce and tomato that you reacted to, I have given up lettuce for a while, it didn’t digest too well…

How are you doing?

Lesley
    xxx

mandyl

i had a sandwhich in the early weeks , the pigeons had most of it as i couldnt eat it.
    no probs now although i use nimble bread and only have one.x

Fenella

I stupidly thought a rice cake would go down like a cracker. Don’t think it even reached the stomach, could feel it in my gullet the only thing which has hurt so far and was v relieved when it came up again. Did a chilli tonight for family but steered clear of rice – mince and red kidney beans in tomato sauce with chilli only a spoonful was fine though – first meat I’ve had really been eating fish – I’m in week 4. Have had a few things stuck which have come back including some shell fish (others fine) and I’m fine with tomatoes chopped small. We are certainly all different.

Irene

Hi Guys,
    I can do some rice but cannot do bread or pasta. Really fancy a sandwich, but no can do.

sonia kidman

I so want a sandwich but scared of bread lmao,I had the lettice and tomato chopped up but started to foam with in mins also I used to love spicy food like I would add chillies to everything but no way I can even have food with a tiny bit of spice.

I did spag bol no pasta but was so ill thing sauce was to rich anyone else had that? finding all I seem to eat it cottage pie which I love but getting fed up with it. I also am loving broccoli cheese :O)

I am very well apart from that Leslie how are you and are you going to the tea party?
    Sonia x

medic

Hi Sonia, May I suggest that you look on carol the cooks profile she has some great wls freindly meals, we love her turkey bol. recepe.@sonia kidman 16658 wrote:

I so want a sandwich but scared of bread lmao,I had the lettice and tomato chopped up but started to foam with in mins also I used to love spicy food like I would add chillies to everything but no way I can even have food with a tiny bit of spice.

I did spag bol no pasta but was so ill thing sauce was to rich anyone else had that? finding all I seem to eat it cottage pie which I love but getting fed up with it. I also am loving broccoli cheese :O)

I am very well apart from that Leslie how are you and are you going to the tea party?
    Sonia x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media