Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Revisiting the milk diet

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bikerchris
    Participant

I have found myself 4lb heavier than my lightest weight recently, whilst a small fluctuation is normal, this was persistent.

I know what the cause was. I had found that my weight had been stable for about a year and so I got a little blase about things. For example, I started choosing lattes rather than americanos when I went for coffee (which is a frequent event for me. I realised I was able to eat more, whilst the restriction from my bypass is still very evident, it is not as much as it was. Also I went to America for 3 weeks and was less careful on my choices and portions because I was on holiday. That is what normal people do, right?

I was very keen to nip this in the bud, I needed to stop 4lb becoming 8lb and then a stone. I know what happens. So I am currently re-doing the milk diet. I know of other people who have done this to re-set things. Anyway I am just posting about this because I am currently bored to death of milk. I realise I am quite a foody, if my meals aren’t tasty and interesting, I am not happy. However, 8 days in and 3lb lost so I am quite happy.

Hope you are all well

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Chris

Nice to hear from you.

I think only gaining 4lbs after three weeks in the USA is nothing short of miraculous! I put on weight every time I go abroad for a holiday (except for one week in Corfu about 5 years ago when I lost 8lbs! How?) so I allow myself a limit. Then, when I get back, I go back to basics.

You are doing the same thing, so it shows that you are being cautious but not obsessed. In my humble opinion, it’s a good approach. A word of advice – never do the milk diet for more than two week. It’s not recommended. You are 75% of the way back to the weight you are happy with so a massive CONGRATULATIONS for that. I love milk and wish I could drink more than I do but I find it SO filling now.

Thanks for bringing up this topic, Chris. I suspect that many people will be doing the same thing at the end of August so you have proved that it can be done 😉

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

Yes I’m done with that now. I’m not sure I’d do it again, it had an unpleasant affect on my digestion. Maybe no carbs is a gentler approach.

Lauren
    Keymaster

I think some people become a bit lactose intolerant after wls. I can’t drink as milk as much as I would like to but am perfectly ok with cheese – go figure! I have porridge with semi skimmed milk and that’s ok too. Weird isn’t it?

I suspect you are still very slim. You look amazing. Long and lean – jealous much lol!

Hope to see you again when you are down in my neck of the woods 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media