Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Return 2 slender…second helpings has now been published!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Eating and Drinking Pre and Post Weight Loss Surgery » Carol The Cook’s Bariatric Food ideas » Return 2 slender…second helpings has now been published!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    carolthecook

The second book in the Return to Slender series (from bariatriccookery.com) has now been published. ‘Return 2 Slender…Second Helpings’ takes over from where the first book checked out. There’s new advice and inside knowledge on supermarket shopping; ideas and recommendations for eating out; some tips on ‘mindful eating’; some thoughts and guidelines for upping the exercise; and finally some hints or ‘red flags’ as to when things might be going off plan and how to regain control.

Not intended as a replacement for ‘Return to Slender’ the first book, it’s a valuable new additional or companion one, that also covers some ideas for breakfast; suggestions for lunch; some delicious bariatric-friendly snacks and entertaining options; as well as over 50 new recipes.

Losing weight and keeping the pounds/kilos off after WLS largely depends upon eating the right foods, with the right nutrition, in the right amounts (my 3 R’s). Return 2 Slender…Second Helpings’ provides you with these additional tools and some recipes that will work alongside your surgery, to win the weight-loss battle.

I shall look forward to sharing more of my recipes and food advice on the forum in the weeks and months to come.
    CAROL

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thank you so much Carol. What would we do without you? xxxx

hides

I’ve never looked at the first book, but i know lots of you have found it a great help. My question is….. Is this aimed at bypass and band ?
    I realise we both should be following the same general guidelines, but as a band , i can have things that may not be suitable for bypass. I dont have a cook book and i would like to get one, but i dont want to waste my money if it’s not aimed at bandsters too.

Heidi

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Heidi, the only restrictions bandsters have are quantity and calories of food so Carol’s recipes can actually be followed by both bypass and band patients. In fact anyone can eat the recipes as they are all healthy and delicious! The difference is merely portion size which Carol has very kindly considered for us.
    Every recipe has a calorie guidance (and carbs and fats) so you will know exactly what you are eating. It’s most definitely worth getting.

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Carol

Great book, it’s got me back in the kitchen and I’m experimenting on all sorts for the first time in years, especially love the emergency pack list, thanks carol.

Love
    Lesley
    xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

I have always cooked from scratch (I’m an old fashioned born in the fifties kinda gal!) but have found brilliant new ways of cooking with the help of Carols’s book. See, you can teach an old dog new tricks haha!!

carolthecook

Thanks for all the very kind comments everyone. Don’t also forget ‘fellow forum followers’ that I am always willing to develop or post a recipe on here if you have a special request. C x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@carolthecook 22274 wrote:

Thanks for all the very kind comments everyone. Don’t also forget ‘fellow forum followers’ that I am always willing to develop or post a recipe on here if you have a special request. C x

We are SO lucky to have you Carol. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you xxxx

lisac2012

Hi carol do you have the recipe for banana and almond cake? Thanks xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

carolthecook

Hi Lisa, I think you might be referring to my banana cake which was featured on the ‘Fat Surgeons’ programme. I will send this to the Streamline admin and they will hopefully post shortly. Enjoy…it’s a lovely bariatric-friendly recipe. C x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thank you again Carol. You are a little bariatric angel xx

lisac2012

Thanks very much carol iv only just seen your reply, sorry wasn’t being rude 🙂 iv not heard anything re the recipe yet, just wondered if you had chance to sort it?
    Thanks again xx

lisac2012

Ps I can’t wait to be post op and get your books they look fantastic 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

The recipes are in Carol’s section on here, Lisa 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media