Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Remove excess skin after weight loss

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Remove excess skin after weight loss

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Crystal125
    Participant

Massive weight loss often leaves unsightly, sagging skin that is difficult or impossible to remove by diet and exercise alone. Even if your weight loss plan was successful, it can leave you with excess skin. A series of plastic surgeries can help trim excess skin from several places on your body. I recently read a blog ( http://www.cosmedical.ca/medical-aesthetics/how-we-remove-excess-skin-after-extreme-weight-loss/ ) about the ways to remove excess skin after extreme weight loss and thought to share it here as I found it really helpful for anyone struggling with the excess skin. If you choose to have the procedure done, then you should definitely go for it.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Crystal.

Thank you for this, it is very interesting.

I had a tummy tuck after losing over 200Lbs after having a gastric bypass in 2008, and it has been wonderful. I no longer get infections and my clothes are more comfortable.

I would also recommend having it done if you can afford it.

I chose to have mine at The Spire, Portsmouth, here on the South Coast of England. Mr Nicholas Bennett did mine and I have recommended him to many, many more people. https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-portsmouth-hospital/consultants/mr-nicholas-bennett-c3373200/

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

I’d love to have my excess skin removed but the reality is I can’t afford it. Even if I could get some money together I need so much done I wouldn’t know where to start. My stomach, arms,bum, thighs and boobs all are pretty grim looking. I’m probably looking at £25K of surgery there, it’s not not going to happen.

It does bother me a lot BUT I’m not going to let it become an all consuming obsession. I’ll always be grateful for my surgery and the new life I have. I’m happy that I look fine with my clothes on.

Being a single girl though, goodness knows how I’ll deal with things if I ever meet someone. Lights off only, probably.

Chris x

Doodah
    Keymaster

As always, Chris, you are the voice of reason.

It is not an option for many people but I think perspective is the most important thing. I too look ok when fully dressed but without – an entirely different thing, even after my tummy tuck! I am also grateful that I am alive and enjoying a whole new life after my gastric bypass.

On the subject of finding someone – I know many people who have found partners who are not bothered about excess skin. I think sometimes WE think it is a huge hurdle when it actually isn’t to any sane, intelligent person. I have been married for 35 years this year (to the same person) and he has seen me at every size possible. I worry about it more than he does! But one thing is for sure, I have had almost nine more years of life to spend with him that I wouldn’t have had without wls. He deserves a medal haha!

Your posts are always a delight to read Chris. Oh, and you look better than ok with your clothes on – you look FANTASTIC!

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media