Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reflections – 7 months out

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

7 Months and 5 days post op

Well everyone today I am 7 months and 5 days post op. I’m sitting at my desk (it’s a little quiet hence why I’m typing this !) wearing a beautiful size 16 dress from White Stuff , my lovely ankle boots , large (not XTRA Large!!) tights and I’m feeling pretty good!!. I’ve lost 6 stone and 2 pounds and gone from an unknown 24-26 size??? To a size 16 -18. I can walk everywhere fast and in the last week 2 customers failed to recognise me and a guy at my office who I only pass periodically asked me if I was new! I’ve been here seven years. I weigh 14 stone and 10 lbs and still going down (a little slower now). And I wanted to be 14 stone something for my Wedding in December!! I wanted a size 16 wedding dress…so all in all I’m feeling pretty self congratulatory!!!

It’s been a roller coaster journey. No medical problems at all …psychologically for me it’s been a hard journey…I’m seeing a counsellor and I feel that through all the ups and downs there is now a light…I feel different about food. I’ve worked really hard at the psychological side; I’ve kept a food diary every day since my op. I spend a lot of time talking to myself about how I feel, why I feel it. I have down days, I no longer smoke, I no longer over eat and I have HAD to learn new coping methods…it’s not easy and it’s a life long journey but with support I feel I can finally manage it. My surgery has really helped me with the physical side of not eating too much however I’m not someone with massive restriction, I get hungry, I can overeat so I have had to work hard to get here…but I’m glad I did because now I feel a lot more in control.

I think the best example is that my colleagues have a cooked breakfast once a month on a Friday. I did a deal with myself that once I’d lost 6 stone I’d treat myself…well today was the day. I strode off to the canteen and choose – 6 items and toast for £3.10…well I ended up with 3 bits of bacon 2 sausages and an egg and toast – wanted to get my monies worth, I knew I didn’t want the greasy hash browns or the fried mushrooms. When I got back I ate 2 bacon medallions half a slice of toast and half a sausage… and I enjoyed it…I didn’t feel the need to wolf the lot (I physically couldn’t). I felt pleased with my treat, enjoyed it and will be eating a chicken salad for lunch…no shame or guilt. not feeling like I’d fallen off the wagon…just normal enjoyment of a food treat!! This is a vey big step for me !!

So I just thought I’d share that little gem…the hard work is paying off and I hope that I can continue on and on and on…….

Whitey

Thank you for your wonderful post. I loved what you say about being able to eat without shame or guilt. You have done so well with all your problems. It shows that our op is just a tool and we still have to work at losing weight and deal with our issues around food. Well done and I will you continued success x

sharlotte

I don’t know you but that story was inspirational! I can’t wait to have my surgery!!!

Well done, keep up the hard work you are doing amazingly well!!!

Xxx

jansus28

Amazing! This is such an inspirational story and has given me such a boost! Thank u! I am now 7 weeks post op and have lost 3 stone 8lbs! I thought I was not loosing enough!! I needs to stop thinking that! I am doing well!! Also I am moving on to solids and finding it really difficult! Not sure what to eat any more!!!

Oooohhh just saw this , thanks… Guessing still on purée at mo… I was getting well bored by 7 weeks… I went out and got some ready meals to purée…. Moussaka, shepherds pie…. Chicken casseroles. Just puréed each one and put in sizeable portions and froze so had good selection… Scrambled eggs… Dairylea triangles… Weight watchers yoghurts… Purée fruit (check you don’t dump!!!;-)) I bought turkey mince fried it with peppers onions chillys and fajita seasoning and chopped tomatoes and puréed….. Yummy with a dollop of natural yoghurt to cool it… I like a lot of chilli!!! Xxxxx hope this is helpful x

Are you veggie I suddenly had it in my head you are veggie?? Or my brain is scrambled. If So do same recommendations just the veggie option quorn etc!! Xxxxx

jansus28

Thanks guys! Great ideas I will try that! Not a veggie!! Xxxxx well done all love u all lots what a great community xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@squeakyfruitbat 25601 wrote:

7 Months and 5 days post op

Well everyone today I am 7 months and 5 days post op. I’m sitting at my desk (it’s a little quiet hence why I’m typing this !) wearing a beautiful size 16 dress from White Stuff , my lovely ankle boots , large (not XTRA Large!!) tights and I’m feeling pretty good!!. I’ve lost 6 stone and 2 pounds and gone from an unknown 24-26 size??? To a size 16 -18. I can walk everywhere fast and in the last week 2 customers failed to recognise me and a guy at my office who I only pass periodically asked me if I was new! I’ve been here seven years. I weigh 14 stone and 10 lbs and still going down (a little slower now). And I wanted to be 14 stone something for my Wedding in December!! I wanted a size 16 wedding dress…so all in all I’m feeling pretty self congratulatory!!!

It’s been a roller coaster journey. No medical problems at all …psychologically for me it’s been a hard journey…I’m seeing a counsellor and I feel that through all the ups and downs there is now a light…I feel different about food. I’ve worked really hard at the psychological side; I’ve kept a food diary every day since my op. I spend a lot of time talking to myself about how I feel, why I feel it. I have down days, I no longer smoke, I no longer over eat and I have HAD to learn new coping methods…it’s not easy and it’s a life long journey but with support I feel I can finally manage it. My surgery has really helped me with the physical side of not eating too much however I’m not someone with massive restriction, I get hungry, I can overeat so I have had to work hard to get here…but I’m glad I did because now I feel a lot more in control.

I think the best example is that my colleagues have a cooked breakfast once a month on a Friday. I did a deal with myself that once I’d lost 6 stone I’d treat myself…well today was the day. I strode off to the canteen and choose – 6 items and toast for £3.10…well I ended up with 3 bits of bacon 2 sausages and an egg and toast – wanted to get my monies worth, I knew I didn’t want the greasy hash browns or the fried mushrooms. When I got back I ate 2 bacon medallions half a slice of toast and half a sausage… and I enjoyed it…I didn’t feel the need to wolf the lot (I physically couldn’t). I felt pleased with my treat, enjoyed it and will be eating a chicken salad for lunch…no shame or guilt. not feeling like I’d fallen off the wagon…just normal enjoyment of a food treat!! This is a vey big step for me !!

So I just thought I’d share that little gem…the hard work is paying off and I hope that I can continue on and on and on…….

THANK YOU so much for taking the time out to post this. It is absolutely wonderful. I now can’t wait to see pics of you in your wedding dress looking absolutely radiant! You have worked so hard and you deserve every single ounce of happiness you have gained through losing weight and feeling healthier.

Inspirational :-))

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@jansus28 25617 wrote:

Thanks guys! Great ideas I will try that! Not a veggie!! Xxxxx well done all love u all lots what a great community xxx

Have posted some links for you on the other thread that may help xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media