Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reducing my anti depressants

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    Just back from the doctors and at long last she has agreed that I can start and try to come off my anti-depressants, been on these now for so many years that it is quite a frightening thought but also a very exciting thought. Last time I posted I was just about to see my son at his medal parade on his return from Afghan, he has not seen me since my op back in March and being 8 stones lighter he was amazed at how I looked but the best reaction was my grandson, he just kept looking at me and in the end said Granny you look wonderful, it is just like having a new Granny. Bless him.

Elaine xx

kathc

How wonderful . X x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Jaysee

Fantastic Elaine, youre doing so well. xx

Candy1

pass the hanky my way you! must be the proudest Granny around with your son home safely and your fantastic weight loss, good luck with your new medication review

love Denise Xx

luckyflower

well done all positive to give you that boost. All the best reducing the antidepressants.

Deifersmum
    Participant

A BIG BIG well done, you must be sooo pleased, I know I was excited when I had my thyroid meds reduced but what would I give to come off completely, not going to happen but it will for you, I’m soooo pleased for you Elaine, and your weight loss is phenomenal, keep up the good work you are an inspiration to us all.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxx

ruby tuesday

Elaine, I am thrilled for you, not just on the fabulous 8 stone loss you have achieved which is life-changing, but the fact that has made you feel able to cope without anti-depressants, and I wish you well in reducing them. This in itself is a major achievement, as previously we might have turned emotionally to food for comfort, which post-op we cannot do, and to overcome that and also be able to deal with life events without the help of medication, which is something not all of us are able to do, is a very big deal! xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

So pleased for you Elaine. What an achievement on both counts. Well done xx

Nettie

Hi Elaine,
    I can share your excitement about this, I too have reduced my antidepressants and it is wonderfull, my Dr agreed to reduce by 25% for 3 months and then re-asses, I’m 7 weeks into that now and haven’t noticed any difference which is great. Wishing you the same success.
    Nettie xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media