Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

recovery

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    debbie83

hi just wondered what the recovery time is,in and out of hospital.how long do you have to have off work.i have a meeting on the 30th to find out more but im so impatient.

alalgar

Hi Debbie, I was admitted and operated (GBP) on Tuesday April 17th and discharged on Thursday 19th. I would now be ready to start working if my work was in London. Unfortunatelly my work involves travelling abroad for relatively long periods of time and I have decided to give me more time before going back (at least untill I can have “normal food” meaning not liquidised). Otherwise I am feeling very well, no pain, loads of energy and my wounds have healed already (I got clearance to swim last Thursday from my nurse). Hope this helps. Alvaro

debbie83

thank you.im trying to find out as much info as poss.debbie

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

I was also in on Tuesday and out on Thursday, and was fit enough to return to work after about two weeks, if you had to do any heavy lifting I would give it a week or two longer just to be on the safe side, but for an office type job two weeks was fine and I probably could have gone back earlier but I didn’t.

Paul

HI there, I had a band fitted and was out the same day (as long as you are up and about and not one of the last to go down) or would be next day. I was off for 2 weeks but could have gone back after a week. I stayed off as I wanted to make sure I could eat quite normal and not so sore.

Regards

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Debbie and welcome.

I had my bypass in July 2008. I had an open bypass with a 10cm scar as Mr Somers wanted to take out my gallbladder at the same time. Even with a fairly big scar and lots of internal shifting about, I was out of hospital in 3 days! I’d say I was totally normal after 6 weeks. I’ve lost 15st and my life is totally changed for the better.

I still have health issues that are not going to go away (inc asthma and arthritis) and I have pain every day from them but I am ALIVE. Without surgery I had about 5 years max to live. That was 4 years ago so you do the maths as they say!

Looking forward to hearing all about your journey 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media