Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Recovery period

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kathc

Hi all

I am having my bypass in 27 th July and I an due to be in London 2 weeks later for a uni study day, I know we will all recover at different paces but what do ppl think will I be ok enough to go . It will be a long day. Ie on the train at about 730 am coming back about 7 pm !! I think I can postpone so just wanted advice really ??

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Ms Ellie

Hi there Katherine it’s a difficult one as like you say everyone’s recovery times vary. My sister was out driving doing most things within one week, myself it took a little longer because I had some back pain and actually made me feel really low. However, if you can postpone without losing out on anything then do so, I also remember that I was needing a little nap during the day too shortly after surgery. In my opinion it is quite a long day for you so soon after surgery but ultimately it’s your choice whether you take the risk or not.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Much love Ellie xxxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Katherine

I agree with Ms Ellie. If you can postpone without losing out on anything, I would. Two weeks is cutting it a bit fine to have such a long day away from home in my opinion. I was fine after two weeks but I was still at home for most of the day. However, it’s YOUR decision. Only you know how you think you will be.

Good luck and keep in touch

Doodah xx

tinkly_roars

Hi Katherine

I agree. I’m 3 weeks post op and there is no way i would have wanted to go somewhere for such a long day at 2 weeks post op. I also found being in the car really uncomfortable as i didn’t like the jiggling sensation around my wound sites. I know a train would be a smoother journey than a car but even still….
    As the others have said its your choice.
    Tinks xx

Sally Bailey
    Participant

Hi Katherine

All the above have given brilliant advice and I also agree it’s up to you!

Sally x

kathc

Thanks guys I had kinda thought the same but thought I ought to ‘ask the audience ‘ !!

K x

Ms Ellie

@kathc 16153 wrote:

Thanks guys I had kinda thought the same but thought I ought to ‘ask the audience ‘ !!

K x

You can try phoning a friend!

Emily.p

Absolutely agree with everyone else I was ok after 2 weeks but got tired easy and wouldn’t of coped well being on my feet that long. Save it for when you feel really up to it and you will enjoy it much more!

Good luck!
    Emily

Fenella

Hi
    I had ny bypass two weeks ago today. I have actually been on a long journey with my husband driving including a return ferry trip to a wedding but I wouldn’t say my energy level is normal yet and I didn’t have to concentrate all day – in fact could rest – so if it were me I’d be not quite ready yet though as the others say we are all different. Good luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media