Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Really Bad Day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Had a really bad day today, i know i’ve had a lot on my plate with my aunts death & everything else, but today i totally lost it with food.

I have lost 7lbs in the last 3 weeks, which puts me at 10st 5lbs in total, but today i have eaten everything in site, i feel sick & disgusted with myself now, despirately do not want to get back into old habits.

Felt really fed up when i woke up, so going to go to bed & wake up not feeling fed up, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

JulieT

Andy – please don’t beat yourself up over one day. You have lost an amazing amount of weight and you will have days when you feel like you are slipping back into bad habits. I know cos I’m having them too. What you have to remember is that one day is not going to undo what you have already achieved. Besides which you cannot physically eat what you used to eat – your bypass has seen to that! Put today behind you and concentrate on tomorrow. We are all human after all! Big hugs x Julie

Brains

Hi Andy

Please do not be so hard on yourself. Sometimes we have to go with the flow but tomorrow is another day.
    Forget all about today and restart in the morning. You need to be proud of your achievements and think of all the good days.
    I am sure things will soon look up again for you. If there is anything anyone can do please say xxx :grouphug:

Ms Ellie

Hey there Andy I echo what the others have said dont be hard on yourself huni, it will pass good luck xxx

Hi Andy
    Sorry if Im gonna pee everyone off
    but DO be hard on yourself
    We all know 1 day wont hurt your weight losses
    but WE ALSO KNOW how easily 1 day can turn into 1 week 1 month before you know where you are etc etc etc
    not being a kill joy (truely) but sometimes we need to be hard on urselves JUST TO KEEP IN CONTROL!!!!
    Im only speaking for myself here-but also try to be kinder to yourself too as WE are ”all or nothing” people
    which is how we have problems with food/eating in the first place
    behaviour breeds behaviour
    SO I KNOW where you are coming from and why you sound so hard on yourself
    ….AND I AGREE
    2morrow is another day
    good luck on your journey xxxx
    FANTASTIC WEIGHT LOSS CONGRATS XXXXX

Ms Ellie

@stilltryingsohard 9473 wrote:

Hi Andy
    Sorry if Im gonna pee everyone off
    but DO be hard on yourself
    We all know 1 day wont hurt your weight losses
    but WE ALSO KNOW how easily 1 day can turn into 1 week 1 month before you know where you are etc etc etc
    not being a kill joy (truely) but sometimes we need to be hard on urselves JUST TO KEEP IN CONTROL!!!!
    Im only speaking for myself here-but also try to be kinder to yourself too as WE are ”all or nothing” people
    which is how we have problems with food/eating in the first place
    behaviour breeds behaviour
    SO I KNOW where you are coming from and why you sound so hard on yourself
    ….AND I AGREE
    2morrow is another day
    good luck on your journey xxxx
    FANTASTIC WEIGHT LOSS CONGRATS XXXXX

Excellent post !!! thank you for being so upfront and honest xxxx

Andy

Hi Stilltryingsohard thanks for you honesty, you are right though.

I am still stuggling at the moment not eating proper meals and snacking on the wrong things, don’t feel hungry but want to eat biscuits etc had two big dumping reaction in the last week! Missing my aunt more & more, thought it would be easier after funeral but worse now than two weeks ago. Just feel like bursting into tears all the time, tired (probably because i’m not eating right) & totally flat. I know ihave to grieve but feel out of control & haven’t felt like that since before the op, don’t want to undo what i have done, but can’t be bothered at the same time.

Sorry moaning again, thanks for listening, will get it sorted i know, may take time, but Yvonne would be upset if i fell off the wagon because of her, i know she was so proud of what i had achieved, and i won’t let her down.x

ANDY SWEETIE
    HONEST TO GOD -YOU MAY NOT REALISE THIS but becuae our digestive tract has been totally re arranged from our surgery it is DIRECTLY LINKED BETWEEN EATING THE RIGHT FOODS AND MOOD
    Good food choices directly result in feeling well and weight loss(even if slow) and YOU MUST take your daily vitamins to feel well.
    Poor food choices directly result in feeling low mood fatigued sad depressed cant be bothered as does NOT taking vitamins
    TAKE YOUR VITAMIND EVERY SINGLE DAY
    EAT PROTIEN BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE
    and I GUARENTEE your moos will improve
    I know you are grieving for your aunt but believe it or not
    you are also grieving the loss of food (or at least your past relationship with food) in your life post op
    THIS IS HARD
    THIS JOURNEY WE FIND OURSELVES ON
    But we are here
    for you
    for each other
    EVERY step of the way
    thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous

Andy Huney,

Grieve by all means, it is needed but look at how your grieving and find celebration in what you had…
    Yvonne as you said would not want you to self destruct, and she is still looking down on you.

Sadness sometimes needs a good kick up the pants.
    I expect Yvonne would be the one who would make you see sense….

Close your eyes and listen, Im sure your hear her telling you……

Dont be so hard on yourself, nothing you have done is harming you other than the dumping…Its a warning remember…

Use her strength from the past, to move on and make her proud…. she would not want to be the reason your so low…..

FInd something to do everyday to celebrate her, just a few minutes..

Cry if you need too… scream and shout……

Losiing someone so close is so hard, but their is strength in memories….. she is with you….

Buzz xxx

CarerQuie

So sorry to hear of your aunt’s death;I can see how difficult it is for you.

The thing is,like many of us,you are an emotional eater and you’re only human.

If you can’t cut all the junk out at this moment in time,I’d suggest limiting it to one or two things a day. To stop habits forming,vary the ‘nibble, from day to day.

Once you have achieved this,you will have regained some control of the situation and will then be able to stop yourself from eating the wrong things.

Don’t waste time and energy beating yourself up about this lapse;deal with it!!

In the meantime,you could start gathering together Photos and reminiscences of your Aunt into a memory box.

In time,although the sense of loss will be with you,you’ll be in a better place to celebrate the good things about her life.

In the meantime,please let us know how you are getting on and remember that we all ‘fall from grace’ from time to time.

You’ve recognised it;now time to change it!! xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media