Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Questions – part 5

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » Questions – part 5

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Yesterday I had a bad day. I woke up and after having a drink i was in extreme pain, this continued with everything I ate and drunk giving acute pain. The previous day I had probably had a bit more sugar than I should have and in the evening had a corn on the cob which was chewy. Today I feel a bit tender but not the same problem. I was not constipated. Any clues?

I am having my 6 months check and I am going to get a blood test this week. When I asked about which blood test I was given a chart which I had not seen before this recommends a vitamin B12 injection every three months, amongst other things. I had only been told about a multi vitamin. Do you all go and have a a B12 injection three monthly, take iron and calcium?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Fionajeweller 33334 wrote:

Yesterday I had a bad day. I woke up and after having a drink i was in extreme pain, this continued with everything I ate and drunk giving acute pain. The previous day I had probably had a bit more sugar than I should have and in the evening had a corn on the cob which was chewy. Today I feel a bit tender but not the same problem. I was not constipated. Any clues?

I am having my 6 months check and I am going to get a blood test this week. When I asked about which blood test I was given a chart which I had not seen before this recommends a vitamin B12 injection every three months, amongst other things. I had only been told about a multi vitamin. Do you all go and have a a B12 injection three monthly, take iron and calcium?

Hi Fiona

Sorry you have been uncomfortable.

I’m not a clinician so cannot give clinical advice. However, I personally was told to take a good quality multi vitamin and mineral supplement, Vitamin D and Calcium supplement. I am a woman ‘of a certain age’ hence the calcium. I’m also on high doses of steroids. Some of us need Vit D3 as we feel the cold so much and don’t bare our skin as much as we used to.

My advice is to contact your bariatric team to get a definite, tailored to you answer. Maybe mention the discomfort too.

Hope you have a good day today.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I was recently phoned by a dietion and saidshe was going to write to my GP recommending that they PX vitamins one a day from them ( super strong ones I think ) plus soluable calcuim . I asked about vit b12 injection and she said it depended on blod results . Hope that helpful . About pain go and see your GP . When I was 8 months I thought it was ibs but actually iy was my appendics . Alway best go get checked out . We tend to think it’s related to our bypass when it might not be . A hard lesson I learnt

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hugely significant point there Kim.

We have all at sometime been quietly of thinking that every pain we get is bypass related! So, Kim is absolutely right. Get yourself checked out every time with pain.

Doodah x

penny

Hi, I have not be online for ages, just wanted to ask if anyone has had problems with the band, I have terrible pain in chest/upper abdo every time I eat, I have got bad reflux, a very very noisy I could almost say musical throat, which can be heard across the room, I have an appointment to see Mr Pring in June I am terrified that they may take the band away, I had the band fitted in 2006 and it had slipped before and a operation to put it in the correct place in 2009 was done in St Richards, I am still overweight. Has anyone got any suggestions. thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media