Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Questions?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    treeza

I’m seeing Chris Pring this evening re bypass surgery :0) if there is one question I should ask what is it? I have a fair few of my own but just wondered if any of you had a question you wished you asked & didn’t?

I’m so excited! I feel as if this is the start of a new life!

Tx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 28478 wrote:

I’m seeing Chris Pring this evening re bypass surgery :0) if there is one question I should ask what is it? I have a fair few of my own but just wondered if any of you had a question you wished you asked & didn’t?

I’m so excited! I feel as if this is the start of a new life!

Tx

I’m sure you have in your mind all the same questions as we had Treeza!

However, I wish I had asked more about feeling cold after wls! It wouldn’t have made any difference to my decision but I might have been more prepared in that first winter. I am one of those people who can get on with things if I know why they are happening if you know what I mean?

I spent about an hour on Christmas day in my Mum’s bathroom crying – not because I couldn’t eat everything on offer but because I was so cold my nails were blue and my nose was running. I was SO cold it was making me really miserable.

Stupid thing is, all I had to do was tell everyone – they would have turned up the thermostat! Or given me another jumper to wear. It’s the one and only thing I still find difficult to accept about life after wls.

Good luck with your appointment hon. It really is the first day of the rest of your life woo hoo!!

Doodah x

treeza

You do make me smile Doodah!! Woo Hoo :0)x thank you x just left my poor Mom who is understandably very worried about me! We have been through a lot of heartache together over the last few years & promised each other we would always see each other through whatever life throws at us!!! But because I need to be strong when I see Chris I have asked her not to come tithe first appointment! Really tough but we would’ve crying all the way through!! I think she understands?! I feel terrible :0(x don’t want hubby there either!!! Am I a bad person? X sorry if too personal but need to share & who better than people who may understand? x

treeza

Re the cold thing poor you! does it improve at all?

ebaa

Trezza I am 1 year post op I self funded with me Pring my best friend has just been given the go ahead for wls on the NHs . She has obviously asked me lots of questions & I honestly believe the best advice I have given her is to have someone with her at all appts !!! I too couldn’t have had my mum with me – she is such a worrier – but my husband came with me and asked questions that I hadn’t thought of & remembered things after that I didn’t there is sooooo much info to take onboard that 2 sets of ears are definately required !!! I am looking forward to joining my friend on her journey her 1 st appt is tomorrow x

treeza

Thank you ebaa I have a friend coming me thank goodness! She is a very level headed lady & just the right person to take along. Just feel bad for my Mom! My Hubby is extremely supportive & will love me whatever I choose to do. I am very lucky he loves me for every inch I am but I’d find it difficult if he was there too. I’ve written down a load of questions so I hope he has given me a nice long appointment. I can’t tell you how excited I am x wishing you friend all the very best x

ebaa

That’s good to hear !!! Hope your appt has gone well & like I say I had chris Pring & he is fantastic x

treeza

Appointment went well. Chris was lovely & very informative! All being well op date either 11th or 18th July at Chichester! The sooner the better I’m looking forward to starting the journey to a happier & healthier life x

ebaa

Ooh not long then are you NHs or self funding ? We are on our way now to Chichester for my friends appt x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I’m having my next lot of surgery (plastics) on 18 July so we will all be going under the knife together! Thank goodness we have each other’s hands to hold eh?!

So glad you had a friend with you to go to the appt. Chris is brill isn’t he. So down to earth.

The cold thing? Nope, five years on and I am sat at my desk wearing a fleece, fingerless gloves and a scarf as I type this!! The only times I have been truly warm in the past five years is a week in Corfu then two weeks in the Maldives last year. A whole two weeks not wearing socks haha! 32C every day and I didn’t even break sweat. LOVE IT.

Doodah x

treeza

I’m self funding ebaa!!! I can’t wait for over a year to go NHS route! Wishing your friend loads of luck x Chris is great explains everything really well & makes you feel at ease. Thanks guys x

Lauren
    Keymaster

A year, when you are absolutely desperate, seems like ten 🙁

katy

I can sooo relate to the cold thing. Our heating bill this year is astronomical and we have air con wars in my office! I am perpetually freezing and everyone else is sweltering! (I usually win though 😉
    Fingers crossed for a hot summer so I can finally take my thermals off!
    Katy x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I swear Katy, our heating bill is virtually double these days! But, it is balanced out by all the food I DON’T eat anymore so all’s cool – scuze that dreadful pun haha!

treeza

Shhhh don’t tell my hubby the heating bill will go up!!! He already thinks I have it on too much! Is it because of the weight loss & not having the covering or something else? X

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media