Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Question for the guys, but the girls can answer as well

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » Question for the guys, but the girls can answer as well

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

Been reading quite a bit about the nutrition requirements post bypass and I have got myself a bit confused.

I was told by my team that I need to take a good quality multi vitamin for life (i take forcival) and then if blood tests show it necessary I may need to add other supplements, the trouble is just about everything I have read on the subject also says that in addition the the multivitamins I should also be taking a Calsium & vitamin D2 supplement as well. I know that the women amongst us need to keep there calsium levels up to protect them fom osteoporosis in later life but what about us guys.

Should I be taking a calsium supplement or is the level of calsium in the Forceval good enough for the lesser sex.:(

Thanks

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Why not have a word with your dietitian Paul. She will be able to explain what is right for YOU to be taking.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Thanks for the reply

I will be seeing the dietitian on week 12 so will ask her then, I had my 6 week checkup yesterday and was told to only take additional vitamins and minerals if blood tests show they are needed, I am not due a blood test until 1 year post opp. I have read and re-read the streamline booklet and if I understand it correctly, the only time I need to anything extra to what I am getting from Forceval is if I have Certain conditions that prevent the absorbsorbtion of Calsium and Vit D.

So basically I only need to take Forceval unless the one year blood test shows something amiss, unless for some reason I need a blood test earlier.

Paul

78rpm

Hi

I take the santagen gold a-z and minerals every day and a calcium supplement 2/3 times a weekand I have had my blood tested before the year and all of my levels were fine. I also tend to have a yogurt drink or milk every day as well as my morning “snack”.

rgds

Jay

Doodah
    Keymaster

I take Sanatogen gold and calcium (middle aged women sometimes need to safeguard against osteoporosis and I already have arthritis) and my bloods have never been better! I always suffered terribly with anaemia but since having surgery (and going vegetarian) my blood count is really healthy. Pick the bones out of that (scuse the pun haha!)

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media