Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Question

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi I am 5 weeks post band surgery and over the last few days have developed a pain in my back, just at my left shoulder. I have started to eat more solids….can anyone help? Is this normal as I am eating more solids…

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Shona.

Usually shoulder pain is associated with wind pain from the anaesthetic etc. I would get in touch with your team if I were you just to be on the safe side but it sounds a bit like trapped wind which can be hellishly painful :-O

Doodah x

Thanks, I contacted them today and they said they thought it might be trapped wind from eating different foods, still sore, although no as sore tonight… Great website

hazelann70

I suffered from that when my band went in and when it came out. The only cure I found was to go for a full body massage. Each time, I was cured after it!!! Apparently, the CO2 is the cause and it’s generally trapped on the opposite side to the pain. Amazing what you learn with having a massage. lol

Lauren
    Keymaster

Glad you got it sorted Shona and that you like our Forum. We are all friends here and help each other as best we can – even if it’s only to listen. I think the power of being heard is greatly underestimated ;-))

Doodah xx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media