Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

QA self funding Sleeve surgery

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Other Bariatric Surgeries and Plastic Surgery » QA self funding Sleeve surgery

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Can anyone advise if the private wing at QA has private rooms or wards? My only other experience of private healthcare was a private room but I don’t mind ward care just wondering?

Lauren
    Keymaster

“Hi I haven’t been on here for a while, I don’t know when your op is but the answer to your question is YES & YES . I self funded at QA last year.

I have a long medical history that meant it was unadvisable to have my op at the Spire. On 2nd October last year I had a bypass and was on the private ward in QA let me reassure you the experience was much more than I would have expected the ward at the top of the hospital was lovely the views were great and G5 is run very efficiently by Senior Sister Tracey who runs a fantastic team, everyone was really, really friendly nothing was too much it is calm and not an understaffed mad house. At no time did I want for anything I would definitely be happy to go back on G5 and I have seen the contrast between the private ward and an NHS wards at QA and I can understand your concern! You will be well looked after in a quiet relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff who have the time to make sure you have all you need at no time was the ward full the only downside was on the day I was discharged, my medication didn’t get to the ward until after lunch well as pharmacy forgot to send something up it was actually late afternoon. I was not asked to vacate my room and sent the discharge Lounge like most patients have to I was served lunch and given copious drinks and my husband too.

This was my first experience of private health care and I can say I was treated like a VIP I even go back to the ward occasionally so they can see my progress (I don’t live in Hampshire but I would be happy to go to QA compared to Poole or Bournemouth ) . There is a big contrast between NHS wards and G5 please don’t be put off by your previous experience of QA, the private ward is completely different.

I wish you all the best – you may have already had your op if so I hope all went well. I’m happy to answer anything you might want to know, if you pm me I will get your message via email which will get a much quicker response.

Claire”

I found this answer to almost the same question on another thread for you. the lovely Claire has given a very comprehensive answer.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

ps Claire’s forum name is ‘Happy go Lucky’ if you want to read the post as it was written. She is a mine of information and doesn’t mind sharing it with us all.

Doodah x

Thank you Doodah I’m having the Sleeve op on 21st so not Lomb to go now nerves are kicking in but my overwhelming feeling is excitement for the changes ahead!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Your’e welcome and thanks to Claire for posting it!

I have always said (and still mean it) that the stage at which you are now is the most exciting. I know you might think that strange but for me, it really was like waiting for Christmas! then being given the best present of my entire life (after the births of my children and marrying my husband (and seeing Take that at Wembley haha)) the gift of a new life. The opportunity to start my life all over again as a healthier and happier person.

It has never been about looks for me as I am lucky enough to have a family who love me no matter how heavy I was. It is about self-worth, confidence and HEALTH. This will soon be happening to you. I get so excited for each and every one of you as I know how wonderful it will be. You just have to work hard, follow the guidelines and trust in the surgery and your team.

You wait, in six months time, YOU will be the person offering support and advice to others 😉

Doodah x

Hi

Doodah has done the introductions I’m Claire to whom she has mentioned my post she copied and pasted from another post from about two days tells you quite a bit but there are questions you have asked that aren’t answered in it.

The Private Ward at QA is on the top floor Ward G5 all patients have there own spacious ensuite shower rooms that are adapted for disabled patients. Unless your unlucky you will have a room with a far reaching view these rooms are more superior than the NHS rooms elsewhere in the hospital. You will be provided with a parking permit for your partner/next of kin to park FOC, free daily newspaper should you want them, refreshments for your visitors, free tv and Internet access and towels. Tracey the senior sister is very keen to please and make your stay as comfortable and as pleasant as possible you will have your pre op on G5. I had a gastric bypass but out of all he ops I have had in the past this had to be the most pleasant experience and the least painful and I will admit I did enjoy my stay on G5 and wouldn’t hesitate to go back there if I needed further surgery at any time.

Wishing you all the best for your op
    Claire

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Happy-go-lucky 28366 wrote:

Hi

Doodah has done the introductions I’m Claire to whom she has mentioned my post she copied and pasted from another post from about two days tells you quite a bit but there are questions you have asked that aren’t answered in it.

The Private Ward at QA is on the top floor Ward G5 all patients have there own spacious ensuite shower rooms that are adapted for disabled patients. Unless your unlucky you will have a room with a far reaching view these rooms are more superior than the NHS rooms elsewhere in the hospital. You will be provided with a parking permit for your partner/next of kin to park FOC, free daily newspaper should you want them, refreshments for your visitors, free tv and Internet access and towels. Tracey the senior sister is very keen to please and make your stay as comfortable and as pleasant as possible you will have your pre op on G5. I had a gastric bypass but out of all he ops I have had in the past this had to be the most pleasant experience and the least painful and I will admit I did enjoy my stay on G5 and wouldn’t hesitate to go back there if I needed further surgery at any time.

Wishing you all the best for your op
    Claire

Thank you so much for this Claire. See, I told everyone you were a mine of information lol!

I love this forum – we are all on the same journey, even if the paths might be slightly different.

Doodah x

Thanks very much for all the information wow what a lovely supportive forum this is. I look forward to sharing my journey to becoming a sleever pre and post op .

Lauren
    Keymaster

Aw, I’m so glad you are enjoying your experiences of being part of our happy band!

We ALL try to remain positive but never, ever sweep anything under the carpet. We post the negative side of things too but with the sure knowledge that we will be supported throughout. We look forward to sharing your journey 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media