Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

putting up weight at 4 weeks post op? :-/

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » Bypass Patient Stories and Photos » putting up weight at 4 weeks post op? :-/

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30816

    Hi all,
    So I’m 4 weeks post op a total of 2 and a half stone lost only :-/
    Week one and two I lost good amounts of weight but week 3 I lost 1 pound and week 4 I’ve put up 3 pounds.. I’m extremely worried about this I’m not doing anything wrong I have my 3 small meals a day each meal under 200 calories so I’m just under 600 calories daily.. All my food is healthy food.. I’m drinking atleast a liter and half of fluids a day? I don’t understand what’s happening.. I could come to terms with being at a stand still but putting up weight excuse me but WTF?
    please help with your advice or experiences?
    Lily x 🙂

    #45149
    mandyl
    Member

    hi
    i dont know anything about sleeves sorry but, are you getting enough as silly as that sounds.
    also happy face 2 and half stone post op is fantastic 🙂 x

    #45153
    mandyl wrote:
    hi
    i dont know anything about sleeves sorry but, are you getting enough as silly as that sounds.
    also happy face 2 and half stone post op is fantastic 🙂 x

    hi I’m not sleeve I’m bypass 🙂 my dietician said to not exceed 800 calories daily so I assumed just under 600 was fine? yeah I suppose 2 and a half stone is good it’s just you expect more after getting a bypass!
    Lily 🙂 x

    #45152

    @bypassingmyweight 15853 wrote:

    hi I’m not sleeve I’m bypass 🙂 my dietician said to not exceed 800 calories daily so I assumed just under 600 was fine? yeah I suppose 2 and a half stone is good it’s just you expect more after getting a bypass!
    Lily 🙂 x

    Hi Lily darling girl,
    THIS is exactly WHY Ipost honestly talling pre and early post bypasser’s what CAN happen to TRY to prepare you for it
    As I know how soul destroying it can be as I myself eat only between 800 -1000 calories per day and do not lose a single pound and still have 100lbs to go
    still i am 27 months post bypass and you are only 1 month
    SO I KNOW FOR CERTAIN that your weight loss will continue so please dont feel too upset
    but now you can see for yourself all that I was trying to point out
    sometimes it is possible to not lose weight to plateau and even to regain pre lost weight
    even after a bypass when you eat hardly anything
    isn’t it a real head ****???
    you will come through it darling we are all here for you
    just keep on with diet as you are lucky you are still in the early easy stage so you must have your maximum weight loss now before your weight losses stabalise or even stop completely and your apitite returns and your pouch allows you to eat in far bigger quantaties as your hunger returns
    nO ONE ever said it was easy
    But you are lucky you are very young so your weight losses should really be great
    once your body recovers fully from surgery
    you are still recovering this little gain is only a blip
    you just wait and see
    you’ll do gr8
    hope you feel better soon my love
    xxxxx
    BYPASS IS HARD
    DIETING IS HARD
    BEING FAT IS HARD
    CHOOSE YOUR HARD !

    #45150
    mandyl
    Member

    oops sorry got confused.
    im useless really as cos i was bit poorly i loss loads too quick. but seriously 2 and a half stone in 4wks gotta be good .
    are u up to short walks? that might help 🙂 xx

    #45147
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Lily Sweetness,
    It really is common around this time to stall or fluctuate with weight.
    not only are the meds about done from surgery your body is screaming to be fed unbeknown to you (LOL)
    Its going into a little rebelion, but it wont last…. things will turn around and for now I would just say dont concentrate on the scales…give them a rest for a week or so.
    We dont want you upset thinking its anything your doing wrong. its really not….

    YOU ARE BY FAR FROM DONE…

    I have wriiten this so many times….lol..

    Just dont get worked up or stressed, its quite normal…..

    Buzz xx

    #45151
    Ms Ellie
    Member

    @bypassingmyweight 15848 wrote:

    Hi all,
    So I’m 4 weeks post op a total of 2 and a half stone lost only :-/
    Week one and two I lost good amounts of weight but week 3 I lost 1 pound and week 4 I’ve put up 3 pounds.. I’m extremely worried about this I’m not doing anything wrong I have my 3 small meals a day each meal under 200 calories so I’m just under 600 calories daily.. All my food is healthy food.. I’m drinking atleast a liter and half of fluids a day? I don’t understand what’s happening.. I could come to terms with being at a stand still but putting up weight excuse me but WTF?
    please help with your advice or experiences?
    Lily x 🙂

    Hi there lily some sound advice given there but just wondered to you retain fluid??? I have water retention and that sometimes makes the scales go the wrong way!!!! Keep at it lily don’t lose faith and maybe leave the scales alone for a while (hard I know) but gaining a little weight at this stage can be so disheartening.

    Much love Ellie xxx

    #45148
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    Throw those scales in the cupboard, try to move about a bit more and just stick to the ‘rules’ – it WILL happen eventually it’s just that some people’s eventually comes sooner than others! Just keep on keeping on.

    All the above advice from the very knowledgable people on here is sound – as always.

    Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media