Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Pureed Foods

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    charabanc

Hi,

I am getting stressy now of making pureed foods before surgery.

What sort of things should I be cooking and pureeing, and do I just pour it into ice cubes and freeze? Sounds so simple, but thinking I am missing something here?

Do I just cook normal meals, meat and 2 veg, and then pop in liquidiser? Or do I do things seperately? Is it worth liquidising meat? (perhaps easier to open a tin of mince?) Should I just concentrate on mashed potatoes, and pureed veg? Which veg are best to liquidise?

Yes I know, too many stupid questions, sorry!

If anyone has great (but simple) recipes, then please pass them on.

Many thanks.

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I must say I was doing as you are now before my surgery last year and to be honest with you I never used any of them as I it was easier in the end to open a tin of mince or to use the boil in the bag fish, I ate loads of veg cooked really well and mashed down and put with a sauce/gravy, I seemed to live on low fat youghurt and low fat custard and stewed apple, low fat rice pudding went down ok as well, I found that as long as food was cooked well and could be mashed down really and I added sauce/gravy with it it was fine. Porridge and weetabix was another staple food, as I said anything that can be mashed really well and you should be ok.
    Elaine xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Ganny 22438 wrote:

Hi,
    I must say I was doing as you are now before my surgery last year and to be honest with you I never used any of them as I it was easier in the end to open a tin of mince or to use the boil in the bag fish, I ate loads of veg cooked really well and mashed down and put with a sauce/gravy, I seemed to live on low fat youghurt and low fat custard and stewed apple, low fat rice pudding went down ok as well, I found that as long as food was cooked well and could be mashed down really and I added sauce/gravy with it it was fine. Porridge and weetabix was another staple food, as I said anything that can be mashed really well and you should be ok.
    Elaine xx

Great advice as usual Ganny. I didn’t freeze any of my stuff. I just took a little of what I had made for my family, pureed it with my ‘zizzer’ hand blender, added extra gravy or water and ate that. I made sure that everything I fed my family came within the advised nutritional range and guess what? My husband and daughter both lost weight too! Bonus! My very slim, healthy young son got healthier but didnt lose any weight as I always made sure there was more on his plate! Total win-win situation all round.
    Have to say, I stayed on the pureed food quite a bit longer than is advised. I had an ope bypass (10cm wound) and my gall bladder out at the same time so I wanted to make sure that all my insides were healed properly before trying texture. That was entirely a personal decision. I also go back to soup for a week if I have a jippy tum – it’s an amazing healer.

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media