Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Problems

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    treeza

Yay! I’m so happy for you. Cross fingers you get the date you want & the anaesthetist is happy with the echo! We will soon be making room for you on the losers bench. :0)x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Kimberly, I’ve just been reading your posts, what a roller coaster you’ve been on. I’ve really please for you that you’re getting or WLS surgery at last, after all you’ve been through you certainly deserve this to go smoothly for you.

I am thinking of you.

Lots of love and BIG HUGS.
    Lesley
    xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 29714 wrote:

YES phone call from Baratric surgeon they might possibly do WLS bypass on either 26 TH nov or 17 TH dec. letter from cardiac surgeon plus latest echo going to anesthetist if she ok then it’s milk diet for me .seems they want Mr Somers to do the bypass .

This post has made my (very difficult) week! I can’t tell you how happy I am for you Kimberly. You epitomise the saying: ‘Never give up, never surrender’ – OK, I will admit that quote is from ‘Galaxy Quest’ which is a nerdy sci fi film I love, but it does fit you!

You will be in the very safest of hands my lovely. I was a poorly lady when Shaw did mine (he also removed my gallbladder in an open bypass with a 10cm scar and I recovered so quickly it shocked everyone! Including me) so you have nothing to worry about. You will be on the road to a happier and healthier life by Christmas (if you celebrate it) – what better present?

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank every one , if it’s November date then start milk diet on 12 nov . I love Christmas but being healthy would be the best gift ,. I really wouldn’t mind the December date . . It has been a long journey .
    I can’t remember should I start the vitamins and calcium now just in case ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

You don’t have to but you know what? It can’t hurt can it?

I too am a ‘Mrs Christmas’ and i will not lie to you and tell you that the first one post wls was easy as it wasn’t BUT, my dear old Mum told me to look at all the food on the table and asked me how good it looked. I replied ‘very’ feeling sorry for myself then she said: ‘None of that food looks as good as you do today’. Isn’t she wonderful? She had made me loads of tiny portions of all my fave things but made for a wls recovery. I loved her even more than usual that day.

The food was all gone within a couple of hours and the rest of the day was exactly the same as every other Christmas apart from one thing – I knew I would see many, many more. If I hadn’t have had wls I most certainly wouldn’t be seeing THIS Christmas. We think the food and drink is what Christmas or any other special holiday?religious festival is all about but it isn’t. It’s about being with friends and family and making memories. I didn’t even mind being photographed last year!

So, whichever date you get, it will be the best present you will ever have 😉

Doodah x

treeza

Have you heard any more Kimbo? Waiting in anticipation for confirmations it’s all going ahead x

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh thank treeza so much for the support here , honestly I got tears in my eyes . Well phoned and given 26 TH nov . So excited but thinking how to feed my self in fluid stage ( getting Baratric cook book ) also u know this is silly but what pain relief do you take when home . Codeine makes me sick , ok I’m taking about 10 at moment not including vitamins , honesty the meds are like breakfast .would you make an appointment with GP prior to surgery ?
    Still have to hear from anesthetist but I’m not going to let negative thought get in the way of a healthy future

treeza

Kimberley I am so happy for you honey x I can’t make it for the November meeting but hope to meet you at the December one if your up to it x sending you a virtual hug xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

We all really care about each other on here. No matter what stage we are at in the ‘journey’ that is wls! We need this place. Somewhere with guaranteed support and kindness mixed with honesty and non judgement. I’m glad you all feel safe here. I love the fact that even if we just need to rant or off load, we have a place we can come to and know people will genuinely understand and care.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Phone call it’s all system go for grt rich bypass 26 TH November , start milk diet 12 TH November , Book in on 20 TH November !
    Just have to be healthy no infection before op

treeza

Yay yay yay!! So happy for you x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 29814 wrote:

Phone call it’s all system go for grt rich bypass 26 TH November , start milk diet 12 TH November , Book in on 20 TH November !
    Just have to be healthy no infection before op

That’s AMAZING news Kim! I’m SO happy for you my lovely 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media