Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Problems

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

So really gutted at the moment , just visited the anaesthetist who going to have a discussion with the cardiologist and surgeon as I’m really a high risk (should I have heart surgery first ! ). So going to have a multi team discussion about me. I will see her in 4 weeks time . Part of me is not surprised , and I’m grateful that they are looking after me and considering what best . But have to be honest I am gutted and tearful but know the team have. My best interest .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 28615 wrote:

So really gutted at the moment , just visited the anaesthetist who going to have a discussion with the cardiologist and surgeon as I’m really a high risk (should I have heart surgery first ! ). So going to have a multi team discussion about me. I will see her in 4 weeks time . Part of me is not surprised , and I’m grateful that they are looking after me and considering what best . But have to be honest I am gutted and tearful but know the team have. My best interest .

Hi Kimberly

First of all BIG HUG. I know how it feels to be thwarted at the eleventh hour. I was supposed to have my remaining plastic surgeries in February but I failed the medical spectacularly due to a kidney infection, low sats and a blip on my cardio trace. It is now scheduled for July 18 but at the time I cried for hours.

Like you say, thank goodness they are taking extra care of you but you must be so upset. I feel so bad for you my lovely. Inbox me any time if you want to rant. I’m a good listener xx

Doodah x x

treeza

Aww Kimberly I’m so sorry you’ve had such disappointing news. Keep your chin up it will happen. Take care of yourself x

I know you don’t know me but sending you a big virtual hug too x

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank you Doodah and Treeza
    Honestly I’m so gutted at the moment , I’m a bit reluctant to put the details on here as I don’t want others who are going through surgery to get worried. Will work out how to in box you .
    Thank you so much Kimberly x

Kimberly
    Participant

Now if stopped crying thought I could share what happening . it’s been a struggle but I finally got funding for WLS last month . I’ve been I’ll with my asthma for about 5 months not able to work but finally with the right med its under control , I also have high blood pressure which again is control by meds and sleep Apnoa which. Have a machine cap , but I feel at the moment good. I also knew I had aortic stenosis but it was mild/moderate . I needed to see a cardiologist as a change in asthma meds made my heart funny , they changed meds and my heart ok. But as I was going for WLS needed cardiac screening. ECG . Stress heart test and another echo . The results showing that my aortic valve has got worse And is at the upper end of moderate / server ( I’m dyslexic so when upset it get worse so sorry ) And I will at some time need heart surgery on the valve .
    So going back to yesterday the anestitist who is very experienced . Is going to have a conversation with my cardiologist and the surgeon , because I’m a high risk of having a heart attack , stroke or dying on the table . They will not operate on me if this leaves me in a worse condition and wants all the medics to think carefully about the risks . And I’ll see her in 4 weeks time . My heart valve is not bad enough to operate on ATM but might not be good enough for a general anaesthetic .
    As you can imagine I’ve been really upset , but also thankful that this has been picked up . I just though my breathlessness was obesity or asthma or both . Apparently she told me their can be no symptoms with aortic stenosis just some people drop down .
    So I’m grateful to streamline hopefully if I don’t get WLS then at least the anaesthetist and surgeon talking to the cardiologist might get the cardiologist thinking about what he needs to do for me .
    I was concerned about sharing this as I didn’t want you going for WLS to worry , but may be this will reassure you that they are very care lots about us and don’t take decisions lightly .

Kimberly
    Participant

2]Now if stopped crying thought I could share what happening . it’s been a struggle but I finally got funding for WLS last month . I’ve been I’ll with my asthma for about 5 months not able to work but finally with the right med its under control , I also have high blood pressure which again is control by meds and sleep Apnoa which. Have a machine cap , but I feel at the moment good. I also knew I had aortic stenosis but it was mild/moderate . I needed to see a cardiologist as a change in asthma meds made my heart funny , they changed meds and my heart ok. But as I was going for WLS needed cardiac screening. ECG . Stress heart test and another echo . The results showing that my aortic valve has got worse And is at the upper end of moderate / server ( I’m dyslexic so when upset it get worse so sorry ) And I will at some time need heart surgery on the valve .
    So going back to yesterday the anestitist who is very experienced . Is going to have a conversation with my cardiologist and the surgeon , because I’m a high risk of having a heart attack , stroke or dying on the table . They will not operate on me if this leaves me in a worse condition and wants all the medics to think carefully about the risks . And I’ll see her in 4 weeks time . My heart valve is not bad enough to operate on ATM but not good enough for a general anaesthetic .
    As you can imagine I’ve been really upset , but also thankful that this has been picked up . I just though my breathlessness was obesity or asthma or both . Apparently she told me their can be no symptoms with aortic stenosis just some people drop down .
    So I’m grateful to streamline hopefully if I don’t get WLS then at least the anaesthetist and surgeon talking to the cardiologist might get the cardiologist thinking about what he needs to do for me .
    I was concerned about sharing this as I didn’t want you going for WLS to worry , but may be this will reassure you that they think carefully about us and don’t take decision lightly .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 28633 wrote:

2]Now if stopped crying thought I could share what happening . it’s been a struggle but I finally got funding for WLS last month . I’ve been I’ll with my asthma for about 5 months not able to work but finally with the right med its under control , I also have high blood pressure which again is control by meds and sleep Apnoa which. Have a machine cap , but I feel at the moment good. I also knew I had aortic stenosis but it was mild/moderate . I needed to see a cardiologist as a change in asthma meds made my heart funny , they changed meds and my heart ok. But as I was going for WLS needed cardiac screening. ECG . Stress heart test and another echo . The results showing that my aortic valve has got worse And is at the upper end of moderate / server ( I’m dyslexic so when upset it get worse so sorry ) And I will at some time need heart surgery on the valve .
    So going back to yesterday the anestitist who is very experienced . Is going to have a conversation with my cardiologist and the surgeon , because I’m a high risk of having a heart attack , stroke or dying on the table . They will not operate on me if this leaves me in a worse condition and wants all the medics to think carefully about the risks . And I’ll see her in 4 weeks time . My heart valve is not bad enough to operate on ATM but not good enough for a general anaesthetic .
    I was concerned about sharing this as I didn’t want you going for WLS to worry , but may be this will reassure you that they think carefully about us and don’t take decision lightly .

Firstly Kimberly, I’d like to say how sorry I am that you are going through such a tough time at the moment. Secondly, I’d like to thank you for sharing this with us all. It can’t have been easy to write it all down and see it in black and white.

Now I have to point out a very important thing: NEVER, any of you, be concerned bout sharing any negative thins on this forum. Streamline Surgical don’t operate like that. We always want our patients to make informed choices which can only happen with a balance of good and not so good experiences being shared. Besides all that, we are here to help and support each other through good and bad times. Not one of us will sail though it without a single concern, no matter how big or small, as it is such a life-changing experience.

I hope with all my heart (sorry for the clumsy pun) that you get ALL your health problems sorted and that life becomes easier and happier for you. Health is our most precious commodity but many of us don’t realise this until we have a problem with it. This forum is for anyone who needs support regardless of whether or not you have your surgery with Streamline. Kimberly, if you are unable to have wls, then please still feel welcome here to ask for support in whatever weight loss system you use. We are all, every single one of us, working towards a happier and healthier life so that includes YOU.

Thank you once again for your honesty and bravery xx

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Quick update not fit enough for WLS at the moment needing heart surgery . It taking time but I’ve finally got an appointment to see Cardiac surgeon 19 th sept for a consultation , then it’s another waiting list for heart valve surgery . When I’m physically recovered I will have WLS . It’s going to be a tough year but I will get there . Hopefully this time next year I will be on soft foods only .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 29409 wrote:

Quick update not fit enough for WLS at the moment needing heart surgery . It taking time but I’ve finally got an appointment to see Cardiac surgeon 19 th sept for a consultation , then it’s another waiting list for heart valve surgery . When I’m physically recovered I will have WLS . It’s going to be a tough year but I will get there . Hopefully this time next year I will be on soft foods only .

Thank you SO MUCH for this update kimberly. i for one have been thinking about you all the time. It’s very hard to know whether or not to mention it as if the news is bad, you might not want to even have to think about it it let alone talk!

So, you have a plan in place – that’s good. That means there is no definite ‘No’. Your journey has begun but you will just have to spend longer in ‘check in’ than most. getting healthy pre op is the best thing that can happen for you. Saying that, it doesn’t mean it’s easy to accept. I’m in awe of how positive you sound.

We are all right here with you anytime you need to sound off.

Doodah xx

Kimberly
    Participant

Just returned from Southampton Generale with consultation with heart surgeon , amazing my heart valve is not as bad as they thought in Portsmouth he classified it as mild just poking into moderate , so Heart valve surgery not necessary . Hoping with this new information the team will offer me WLS .

treeza

Kimberley that’s great news. Will
    Cross everything that they now let you have your WLS. Good luck x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh Kimberly, that is fantastic news!

Southampton General has some of the best heart surgeons and consultants in the world. My Dad has been in there for the past week after another heart attack. They are simply amazing. they have saved his life for a third time and he is 80 with many other health problems to contend with.

I’m SO happy for you. Many apologies if you tried to send me a private message – my inbox was full! I have now cleared it should you wish to contact me again 😉

Doodah x

ps I am sat here grinning like a Cheshire cat at this news

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh I do hope so , but was so devastated last time when the team told me my heart was too bad for WLS . I really want the team to look at the new echo and report from Southampton cardiac surgeon ( and Doodah they are one of the best in this country ) and say on this new evidence yes or no . I would rather they told me on the phone than go through the long wait to see some one again and go through the process of seeing some one to be told No .
    I thought the hard part would be getting the funding what an emotional roller coaster journey it’s been .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 29451 wrote:

Oh I do hope so , but was so devastated last time when the team told me my heart was too bad for WLS . I really want the team to look at the new echo and report from Southampton cardiac surgeon ( and Doodah they are one of the best in this country ) and say on this new evidence yes or no . I would rather they told me on the phone than go through the long wait to see some one again and go through the process of seeing some one to be told No .
    I thought the hard part would be getting the funding what an emotional roller coaster journey it’s been .

You really are having a right old rough ride Kimberly! I am going to keep everything crossed for you.

Have a great weekend.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

YES phone call from Baratric surgeon they might possibly do WLS bypass on either 26 TH nov or 17 TH dec. letter from cardiac surgeon plus latest echo going to anesthetist if she ok then it’s milk diet for me .seems they want Mr Somers to do the bypass .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media