Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Probiotics yes or no after bypass

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

Just wondering, what’s the view on taking pro biotics after WLS, either the little milk drinks or tablet form.

Is it a good or bad idea.

Thanks

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 22210 wrote:

Hi guys

Just wondering, what’s the view on taking pro biotics after WLS, either the little milk drinks or tablet form.

Is it a good or bad idea.

Thanks

Paul

It’s neither to be honest Paul. It’s just another form of calcium and protein. A little bit ‘gimicky’ but if you like them – fill your boots (as my Irish Granny always said!)

Doodah x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    I have the drink one every morning and the resaon I do is because last year about six weeks after my bypast I caught a tummy bug and ended back in hospital for 24hrs on a drip because I could not keep anything in me including fluid (lost a stone in about 5 days not good) and I was advised then to get some good bacteria into my stomach and I have had one a day since and touch wood have not had an upset tummy since. The dietician down at St Richards said it would do me no harm and it hasn’t but it is up to you what you do.
    Elaine xx

Paul-H
    Participant

Thanks, thats good news, as I need them to help with my Digestive Transit, if you get my drift 🙂

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 22224 wrote:

Thanks, thats good news, as I need them to help with my Digestive Transit, if you get my drift 🙂

Paul

We ALL get your drift Paul lol!

Doodah xx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media