Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

pre op on wednesaday 3/7

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป pre op on wednesaday 3/7

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Well I’m super excited as I have my pre op on wednesday ๐Ÿ™‚ not to sure what happens at the pre op but I’m just so excited as its the final hurdle to jump before my surgery in just 3 weeks ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi, that’s great news, nearly there. The pre op is just blood pressure, blood test, consent form, possibly MRSA swabs if you have a history but your almost there, I’m so excited for you. Whose doing your op, I had Mr Pring, but it doesn’t matter they are all excellent in Chichester.

The milk diet is a doddle, I found it very liberating not to have to plan meals, (I plan them and hubby cooks them!!!) it works for us….. Let me know if you want to meet up for a coffee before hand, happy to chat.

Take care and welcome to the lovely losers bench, there’s room for everyone here.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Thank you so much lesley, yes a coffee and a chat sounds perfect ๐Ÿ™‚ …. mr pring is also doing mine, I met him when I went up to the hospital the first time, such a lovely man. Ah the pre op sounds pretty straight forward… how far past surgery are you hun??

25 days and counting to mine lol

Xxxxxxxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

This is all so exciting. I actually get chills when I read all about how everything is coming together for you guys! The pre op really is a doddle. I found the few weeks on the milk diet totally liberating too – no meal plans: heaven!! I think this is the most exciting part – waiting for the new, happier and healthier life to start. What more could anyone ask for?

Doodah x

treeza

The journey well. & truly begins for me tomorrow! Milk diet starts, pre op on Fri & then op on 18th! Sadly I’m poorly at the mo. have had sore throat, earache, swollen glands & streaming nose for past 6 days!!!! I can’t taste a thing so there’s been no point having all my favourite things over past few days! Feel bit miserable really & want to be feeling excited. Soon to be skinny I hope pre op goes well for you on Weds x will be thinking of you x T :0)x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@treeza 28926 wrote:

The journey well. & truly begins for me tomorrow! Milk diet starts, pre op on Fri & then op on 18th! Sadly I’m poorly at the mo. have had sore throat, earache, swollen glands & streaming nose for past 6 days!!!! I can’t taste a thing so there’s been no point having all my favourite things over past few days! Feel bit miserable really & want to be feeling excited. Soon to be skinny I hope pre op goes well for you on Weds x will be thinking of you x T :0)x

Oh NO! Isn’t that just sod’s law? You poor lamb. Wishing you better very soon.

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Treeza, get better soon my love , we’re thinking of you.

Soon to be…. you have my phone number give me a call.

Ohh it’s so exciting, I can still remember how I felt when I got my date, I could have floating round the office all day. I’m now two years 3 months post op and still in a size 12, I was as size 22/24 before so it is doable…. take care and I’ll wait for your call.

Love to you both.

Lesley
    xxxx

treeza

Thank you Leslie x feel a little better tonight so on its way out at last x 1 hour 36 mins to start of milk diet! Not that I’m counting down the seconds! I hope the next 2 weeks go quickly so I can join all you wonderful, brave & inspirational people on the loser bench. you have given me the courage to change my life!!! Big T hugs to you all x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@treeza 28935 wrote:

Thank you Leslie x feel a little better tonight so on its way out at last x 1 hour 36 mins to start of milk diet! Not that I’m counting down the seconds! I hope the next 2 weeks go quickly so I can join all you wonderful, brave & inspirational people on the loser bench. you have given me the courage to change my life!!! Big T hugs to you all x

Aaaaaaand She’s off! Yay, you are on the milk diet as I type!!

Good luck with it Treeza – not that you will need it honey. This is it. The start of your new happier, healthier and God willing, longer life. All of us who have taken this gift and used it have given ourselves the chance of having the same life-expectancy as everyone else. My oppiversary is on the 17th of this month. I was given a 3-5 year life expectancy before I had wls. It’s my FIFTH oppiversary. Don’t really need to say anything else do I?

First steps are the most important and you are now taking them. Woo Hoo!

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Treeza, glad your feeling better today, it’s always a worry when you don’t feel well before an op but, as Doodah says your nearly there enjoy the milk diet, I found it really liberating, no more thinking what to have for lunch, breakfast dinner, at least for two weeks and after that your not really bothered.

I will however give you one word of caution, do not get upset if the scales don’t move as fast as you want them to in the first few weeks after your op, dont’ worry they will it’s just that your full of air and our bodies do weird things after operations so don’t worry it will happen it worked for everyone here and it will for you too.

So take care and relax.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Great post Lesley and a very, very important point regarding initial weight loss.

Our mantra should be ‘We are ALL different’!!

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media