Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Pre-Op no carbs diet (before starting milk diet) advice please

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Pre-Op no carbs diet (before starting milk diet) advice please

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Floyd

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am having a bypass soon and am on day 2 of the meat and vegetables diet before starting my milk diet. I am hungry and tired and generally a bit low and emotional – I am guessing this is pretty normal after making the decision to have this surgery. Has anyone else felt like this? Am I normal??!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Floyd and welcome to the friendliest place on earth.

Rest assured, you are entirely normal. As a regular Streamline patient, I only did the milk pre-op diet so can only speak from my own experience. I found the milk diet really easy and simple to follow. I’m a tad OCD so the strictness of it suited me perfectly! The secret to not feeling hungry is fluids – plenty of them. Don’t forget that, in general, we get fluids from our food as well as drinks so drastically cutting the amount of food we eat will require extra fluid from other sources. It doesn’t have to be water: it could be tea/coffee/sugar free squash etc so maybe it’s worth upping those for a few days to see if that helps.

As for your emotions, you have made a life changing decision: you wouldn’t be normal if you weren’t emotional! What I say is this: be kind to yourself. Be as kind to you as you no doubt are to everyone else. Allow yourself to feel scared or low – it proves that you are a human being with real emotions.

We are all here for you. You will never need to feel you are going through this journey alone. Just holler anytime you need reassurance that you are doing the best thing you could possibly do for yourself. My bypass saved and, therefore, changed my life beyond all recognition. I’m so excited for you!!

Keep in touch ok.

Doodah x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media