Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

pre assesment – part 2

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » pre assesment – part 2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    chez50

Hi everyone I seem to have been waiting 4/5 months to go for my pre assessment and still waiting , I had a phone call about having to go for a sleep apnea test so waiting for that now does any know how long after that I should get my appointment. I Really cant wait to have the op so I hope to god I am not turned down 🙁

treeza

Hi there maybe you should give them a call as a little reminder. Where are you hoping to have your operation? I hope you get it sorted soon x

Hi Treeza!
    Just want to let you know that I am delighted to read about your progress!
    Well done you!
    I am beginning to see that this will be quite an emotional unravelling!
    I know it has been for you , so far..
    I’m still looking foreword to my opp in Feb, I haven’t run down the road away screaming yet!!
    Iv my pre opp next Thursday, then hopefully attend the Portsmouth meeting in the eve.
    Will you be going?
    Love Julie 830830
    Xx

treeza

Hi Julie

Thank you x it is an emotional ride but mostly in a good way. I’m so glad I had the WLS my only regret now is I wish I’d done it sooner. I’m looking forward to some amazing adventures & I can now plan some holidays & events knowing I will be able to enjoy every minute including the travel.

Only one month to go for you. How exciting!

I can’t make this months support group meeting which I’m gutted about but I’m going to try very hard to get to the February one. When you feel up to it post op I would love to meet up for tea/coffee.

Take care lovely lady

Lots of love

Teresa xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@chez50 30452 wrote:

Hi everyone I seem to have been waiting 4/5 months to go for my pre assessment and still waiting , I had a phone call about having to go for a sleep apnea test so waiting for that now does any know how long after that I should get my appointment. I Really cant wait to have the op so I hope to god I am not turned down 🙁

Hi Chez

I think perhaps it might be a good idea to phone the hospital/clinic and ask them for some sort of guideline timewise? Some people wait months, some merely weeks. I was not accepted at my first attempt so never, ever give up.

What reasons do you think may go against you? Please do not answer that if you would rather not. Where and with whom are you hoping to have your surgery?

I always say that fate plays a huge part in what we do. I have missed four surgeries back to back in the past year due to my chronic lung condition. I have been bitterly disappointed each time but there always ended up being a good reason that only fate could have foreseen.

I’m not trying to be negative. What I’m trying to say is that things work out and happen a certain way for a reason – even if it isn’t apparent or welcome at the time. Please give the hospital/clinic a call and let us know what they say.

Doodah x

Hi Treeza!
    I would love to meet you for coffee!!
    I hope you are doing something lovely anyway, instead of the meeting!
    You will be missed, you are such a positive person to listen too.
    So glad you have some lovely events and holidays planned for this year. You really deserve them.
    I will keep in touch anyway to let you know how I’m doing, and you can always talk to me.
    It is always lovely to hear from you.
    Hugs
    Juliexxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

It is such a good idea to surround yourself with positive people. I have. It sounds ruthless but I don’t have time for people who ‘enjoy’ misery! Genuine sadness or depression is something else entirely but people who have nothing to moan about but still like to do it make me cross! Unless it is me harping on about being cold haha!

Doodah x

treeza

Thank you Julie what a lovely thing to say. I can’t come because I’m working. I hope to come in Feb when you will have had your surgery. Yay! Say hi to everyone from me lots of love xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

My goodness, Julie is having her surgery NEXT MONTH! How quickly did that come round? It’s scary isn’t it?

This time last year I went to stay with one of my best friends to help her after her band surgery.A YEAR has passed. It honestly seems unreal yet it is her opiversary tomorrow. I also can hardly believe that I am now in my 6th year post gastric bypass surgery!

How are things with you Chez? Have you given them a call yet?

Doodah x

chez50

@Doodah 30464 wrote:

Hi Chez

I think perhaps it might be a good idea to phone the hospital/clinic and ask them for some sort of guideline timewise? Some people wait months, some merely weeks. I was not accepted at my first attempt so never, ever give up.

What reasons do you think may go against you? Please do not answer that if you would rather not. Where and with whom are you hoping to have your surgery?

I always say that fate plays a huge part in what we do. I have missed four surgeries back to back in the past year due to my chronic lung condition. I have been bitterly disappointed each time but there always ended up being a good reason that only fate could have foreseen.

I’m not trying to be negative. What I’m trying to say is that things work out and happen a certain way for a reason – even if it isn’t apparent or welcome at the time. Please give the hospital/clinic a call and let us know what they say.

Doodah x

Hi Doodah,

Sorry I didn’t reply I don’t really know how to use this haha,I have my assessment on Thursday so fingers
    crossed for me that all goes well

chez x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@chez50 30976 wrote:

Hi Doodah,

Sorry I didn’t reply I don’t really know how to use this haha,I have my assessment on Thursday so fingers
    crossed for me that all goes well

chez x

FANTASTIC Chez! I will keep everything crossed for you sweetie. Please let us know how it goes 🙂

Doodah x

chez50

Hi I had my full day assessment in june and was accepted for a gastric bypass,totally over the moon with that,i was also told the the 3 tier we were on is no longer as things have changed and brought forward,and then told surgery would be sometime in Autumn which is not far off and now I have been told today be a friend also in my group that they have heard it will now be dec/jan or jan/feb 2015,i am totally gutted as have been seeing them at Chichester since October 2013…is there any thing I can do to push them along,its really cheesed me off today as I have been waiting a long time already.
    Feeling really hopeless 🙁

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi Chez,

I feel for you, I really do. Unfortunately I’ve not got any tips or tricks to solve your problem. My experience with NHS was just a flat refusal for funding so I gave up (had I been involved with this forum at the time, I may have persevered, but I didn’t know then what I know now). Anyway I was then fortunate enough to get my bypass through my health insurer’s co-pay scheme so I could just about afford it.

What I would say is don’t feel despondent about the delay, I believe in fate and when you look back you may identify a good reason for this. Believe me, wls is worth waiting for. I feel reborn. A positive thought is that you have been given extra time to prepare for what is major surgery, maybe you’ve been given this time to get yourself as strong, fit and well as possible, thus making your recovery easier.

Don’t lose heart, my love. All will be well.

Chris x

chez50

Thank you Chris for your kind words I was really feeling low this am,to be honest its what I heard through the grapevine so I have to stay positive ect and hope its still happening in the Autumn as how I was led to believe. I am so ready for this and I can not wait to feel slimmer and more active than I have done for absolutely years.

Cheryl x

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh my darling I do know how disappointed you must feel , but it’s only through the grape vine so you don’t know if that’s the truth . But hold on you been accepted that means you got the funding . That’s the biggest hurdle . And if it is in February ( which I pray it isn’t ) don’t give up on your self . It seems a long time but compare to the rest of your life it’s just a blink of an eye . During this research prepare your self for life afterwards . Get your self physically fit start exercising , you can even do chair arobics . Walk . These will help in your recovery and also help you get maximum weight Loss in the first 6 month . It seem a long time but in reality it very close . .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media