Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Pouch

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    treeza

Wow stress really effects my pouch. Yesterday was a lovely calm stress free day & what I ate went down well with no pain or bubbling. Today having been stressed out by the council & planning permission etc my poor pouch (AKA Eggwina) has been what seems like spasming!?

It’s also made me realise that the same old comfort eating demon is still there! Thankfully I’ve resisted + nothing naughty to eat in the house anyway!

And oh my gosh wind, wind, wind!!! If it isn’t coming up it’s coming down! Luckily it’s not offensive!

Having said all that I’m now 8 weeks on & feel so much better. My bloods (LFT’s) abnormal but GP thinks surgery linked & should settle?! I’m pretty pleased with the weight lose so far & already at least 2 dress sizes down!!! Yay! I’m to scared to try next size down yet but think it would probably be ok?

Sorry for rambling

Teresa x :0)x

katy

Hey Theresa
    My tummy gets affected by stress still ANSI find I can’t eat if I’m wound up (or cold…..)
    Over the last week every time I eat my evening meal it starts gurgling so loudly the cats jumps!!
    Wind us par for the course I’m afraid and although noisy, like you say, it’s not offensive!
    You are doing amazingly well my dear,
    Love Katy x

treeza

Thank you Katy x you’ve been such a great support for me x I really appreciate it x lots of love xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 29459 wrote:

Wow stress really effects my pouch. Yesterday was a lovely calm stress free day & what I ate went down well with no pain or bubbling. Today having been stressed out by the council & planning permission etc my poor pouch (AKA Eggwina) has been what seems like spasming!?

It’s also made me realise that the same old comfort eating demon is still there! Thankfully I’ve resisted + nothing naughty to eat in the house anyway!

And oh my gosh wind, wind, wind!!! If it isn’t coming up it’s coming down! Luckily it’s not offensive!

Having said all that I’m now 8 weeks on & feel so much better. My bloods (LFT’s) abnormal but GP thinks surgery linked & should settle?! I’m pretty pleased with the weight lose so far & already at least 2 dress sizes down!!! Yay! I’m to scared to try next size down yet but think it would probably be ok?

Sorry for rambling

Teresa x :0)x

Don’t ever apologise for rambling treeza – rambling means you are venting which can only be a good thing!

I think our pouches most definitely are affected by stress. I have been under enormous stress for the past 10 days and I have hardly been able to eat let alone keep anything down (Dad had another heart attack and has cancer) so i know exactly where you are coming from. I think the secret (for me) is to not worry about food at times of huge stress because I think it happens to non wls people too so in that respect, it is entirely normal. WEe either go off food altogether or need more of it. Luckily, we now have our wls to stop us from comfort eating to a ‘dangerous’ degree. I dumped on a glass of milk last night at bedtime as I had forgotten to eat all day…..

You are doing SO well. Two dress sizes down in 8 weeks! Did you ever think that was possible? Amazing. Well done indeed xx

Doodah x

treeza

Oh Doodah I’m so sorry to hear about you Dad. I hope he’s doing much better now he’s home x big hugs to you x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 29471 wrote:

Oh Doodah I’m so sorry to hear about you Dad. I hope he’s doing much better now he’s home x big hugs to you x

Thank you so much Treeza. Hospitals have become our second home and we all know what the food is like in their canteens! I’m just trying to go with the flow and not worry too much about food at the moment. I eat and drink enough to keep me going and take my multi vitamins and minerals (and other supplements for women of my age!) and try not to bother about gains/losses too much. In the grand scheme of things at the moment, it really isn’t important.

How have you been my lovely?

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media