Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Post surgery!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lex
    Participant

I had my bypass on 26th July and feel like I’m doing well.

I totally freaked out today as I’m feeling so well that I forgot I can’t lift and I lifted a chair!!! I’m so worried that I’ve done some damage to myself!! I don’t feel in any pain and I feel ok, just tired.

Should I go see a doc?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Lex

I hope you are ok after your chair lifting incident. I’m sure we all forget what we are supposed NOT to do! If you are feeling like you have ‘strained’ something, call your team for reassurance that all is ok.

Feeling tired after major surgery is normal and to be expected really. Your body is undergoing massive changes and trying to heal itself as quickly as possible so it will use up all your energy. Again, if this is becoming problematic, please contact your team for advice. My main snippets of advice are, let your body dictate how much you can do, follow your team’s advice to the letter and, finally, be kind to yourself. Treat yourself with the same gentle care you would to a loved one. You deserve it!

I’m so excited for you. having weight loss surgery is almost like being reborn: You have a completely fresh start. I can’t wait to hear about all the milestones you will achieve. Please keep in touch 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media