Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Post op portion sizes

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Eating and Drinking Pre and Post Weight Loss Surgery ยป Post op portion sizes

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shelleymarie

Hi everyone. I just had a quick question if anyone has time. I’m just wondering about post op portion sizes once you are back to eating “normal” food. I’m 9 and a half weeks post op and doing really well (5 stone down in 11 weeks!). The weight is coming off nice and quickly and my life has improved massively in many areas but something that keeps playing in my mind is what portion sizes should be now. I’m not eating any more when I get the signal I’m full but I’m someone who does best with guidelines or I tend to obsess I’m getting something wrong. Do we have them at this stage? e.g ramekin/tea plate/certain about of tablespoons/grams of protein and carbs etc? I’d appreciate it if anyone could let me know or just share what they were eating around this time? Many thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Do you have Carol Ball’s book ‘Return to Slender’? That is brilliant for guaging portion sizes at every step of your wls journey ๐Ÿ˜‰

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

Doodah x

shelleymarie

Thanks Doodah, that’s very helpful. I shall get one ๐Ÿ™‚ x

hazelann70

I can eat the same size portion that I used to eat pre bypass. Just only once a day now and so to save weight gain, I try to only eat once a day with tiny little bits throughout the day such as an Aldi’s latte for breakfast and lunch. Works for me IF I can avoid pigging out on shit in the evenings. I’m in control at the moment so not going to shout too loudly lol

Lauren
    Keymaster

Glad to help Shelley ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lauren
    Keymaster

@hazelann70 25047 wrote:

I can eat the same size portion that I used to eat pre bypass. Just only once a day now and so to save weight gain, I try to only eat once a day with tiny little bits throughout the day such as an Aldi’s latte for breakfast and lunch. Works for me IF I can avoid pigging out on shit in the evenings. I’m in control at the moment so not going to shout too loudly lol

You crack me up Hazel xx

hazelann70

lol, Don’t! I’ve just had another Approved Food order arrive. Why do we do it? I mean – it’s so bloody cheap I now think I’ve got OCD on buying cheap shit. I’ve got little peanut butter drinks – very yum but 200 calories so they will probably sit in my fridge waiting for me to have a weak moment. Highland toffee bars, Vimto bars, Lexus things, Almond biscuits and the list goes on. Oh and some slimming patches lmfao you gotta laugh aint you. That little voice just tells me to do it. It’s surely not me doing all this ordering.

shelleymarie

I seem to have work out exactly how much I can eat with feeling full but not over stuffed now. I use an american measure of half a cup and fill that up and it fills me up. It’s great because it is really handy way of not risking the chance I might over eat just because the food is there. I’ll adjust it if I need to later on but seems to be working great for me for now the last few days ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media