Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

post op eating

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SarahD

Hi all
    Just wanted some advice about what I should be eating. I am 10 days post bypass op and I am having
    half sachet oats so simple for breakfast;
    about 2 tablespoons soup for lunch;
    about 2 tablespoons pureed chicken/veg/gravy or fish pie/veg for tea
    I am also having snacks which are 1 rich tea biscuit or pureed canned fruit or half pot yogurt.

Does this sound about right to all you post oper’s who have passed this stage?
    Also how long do I have to stay on the purees, I am longing for something to get my teeth into?!!
    As always any advice would be great
    Thanks
    Hugs to all
    Sarah D:grouphug:

Brains

Hi SarahD
    Sounds about right to me. I stayed on puree foods about 6-8 weeks.
    Something to get your teeth into – try cream cracker with low fat cheese or dairylea as a snack.
    Or I sometimes have two for lunch.
    Sounds to me like you are doing great – well done xx

Irene

Hi Sarah,
    Thats exactly what I am having and I am just 2 days ahead of you. I know what you mean about sinking your teeth into something. I went to Scotland and at the end of the party I was helping clear up and my brother in law bit into a tuna sandwich and I just really wanted to follow suit, but I didn’t. It’s the only time I desperately wanted something. My info says to change slightly after 4 weeks. I have bought the Bariatric Cookery book which has some very good suggestions in it. Well worth a look. Glad your doing okay. Take care

Love

Irene xx

Anonymous

Hi Sarah,
    Sounds like you doing good, your know if you over do it…. one way or another your system has a way of telling you off….

You can chew gum, it also helps with dental hygene while your on the soft food stages….
    Remember loose in are slider foods and should be no problems, its a chance for you innards to heal.
    Just because you look terrific on the outside the insides will take a lot longer to repair… please be careful….

If its a savoury thing you desire so much ( Im a savoury nut ) peanut butter was my savour not only for the salt but the protien too…..

Your doing ok….. no worries…..

Well done

Buzz xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media