Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Post op day 1-2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Johnpettet

Thought I would stick this post on here as no one has been on this page for a while!!
    I had my op done, and I feel better than I did on Friday! My god the trapped wind was painful, mainly due to them finding a hiatus hernia and them operating that, had a txt from Mr Pring just making sure that I fell ok as I was going to be more sore than normal! The staff at Spire Gatwick Park where great! Great sleep last night in my bed, enjoyed a coffee & wizzed up porridge this morning!, taking my time eating and drinking!, I had 6 holes made the only which hurts is the one the port is connected too.
    Apart from that I feel OK, I know it takes me a few days to get over the general anaesthetic so having a quite weekend, going for a 15/20 min walk in a bit with the kids!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Johnpettet 33283 wrote:

Thought I would stick this post on here as no one has been on this page for a while!!
    I had my op done, and I feel better than I did on Friday! My god the trapped wind was painful, mainly due to them finding a hiatus hernia and them operating that, had a txt from Mr Pring just making sure that I fell ok as I was going to be more sore than normal! The staff at Spire Gatwick Park where great! Great sleep last night in my bed, enjoyed a coffee & wizzed up porridge this morning!, taking my time eating and drinking!, I had 6 holes made the only which hurts is the one the port is connected too.
    Apart from that I feel OK, I know it takes me a few days to get over the general anaesthetic so having a quite weekend, going for a 15/20 min walk in a bit with the kids!

Thank you so much for this lovely, positive post so early after your surgery, John!

You are doing everything right. That trapped wind after surgery is a blighter isn’t it? Walking is the best medicine for that and if you have a dog, you can blame him/her for any ‘unpleasantness’ lol!

My asthma nurse explained to me that our lungs/air sacs reach right up into our shoulders and neck, which is why trapped wind can be so painful. I stopped trying to be ‘polite’ at home many years ago – I have a dog so no one suspects a thing 😉

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh john I’m so sorry I didn’t come on here sooner , I do know a way to get rid of it that works ,but I guess you got it sorted by now

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Johnpettet 33283 wrote:

How are you getting on now, John? Are you a little more comfortable? Please don’t suffer in silence – if you are still in pain then contact your team. We must never just assume that every pain or discomfort is wls or surgery related.

Hope you are feeling a bit better 😉

Doodah x

Lelly

@Kimberly 33350 wrote:

Oh john I’m so sorry I didn’t come on here sooner , I do know a way to get rid of it that works ,but I guess you got it sorted by now

Hello Kimberly, can you let us know how to get rid of it for when we have our operations please

Lelly

Sorry Kimberly but in my rush to get info to add to my notebook for when I have my op, I now have read it again and don’t know what you have the cure for, so can you tell me that as well please. You will soon come to realise that I am a fully fledged muppet
    Lesley x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Wait till you hear it….

Our little Kim is a brilliant comedian!

Doodah x

Johnpettet

Hi all, doing well! The weight is doing well, back to work now and feel good! Got my first fill on Thursday, haven’t lost any weight this week but it’s week 3 after my band and have done my bike & weights etc so happy! My eating has changed completely breakfast is either yogurt or porridge, lunch is sushi or fruit with yogurt and dinner kiddy sized dinner, eating about 1000 kcal a day, I have hungry times so it’s juice or water!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Johnpettet 33374 wrote:

Hi all, doing well! The weight is doing well, back to work now and feel good! Got my first fill on Thursday, haven’t lost any weight this week but it’s week 3 after my band and have done my bike & weights etc so happy! My eating has changed completely breakfast is either yogurt or porridge, lunch is sushi or fruit with yogurt and dinner kiddy sized dinner, eating about 1000 kcal a day, I have hungry times so it’s juice or water!

Hi John

WOW! You sound like you have everything under control – well done. Bandsters take a little longer to find the ‘sweet spot’ than bypassers, but we all get there in the end. Hare and tortoise sort of thing!

It’s great that you are exercising too but please be careful, just in the first few months whilst your body adjust to what you are asking of it. Aren’t our bodies just amazing?!

Thanks for the update. We ALL love hearing how everyone is doing 🙂

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Ok this is for the wind and it works , my daughter friend a physio , visited me day one I was in ITU , but was up walking trying to shift the wind . She asked was I prepared to try this , well the pains was horrible so I said yes . I might ask her and me daughter were in fits of laughter with me behind the curtains . My daughter also is a nurse on that ward . Any way you stand beside your bed and hold on ( draw the curtains ) and do knee bend / squats for as long as you can . This apparently shifts the wind down the colon . Then you climb on your bed , with your bottom higher than you head and Rock back and forward untill out IT pops .you can imagine how the two of them were in fits but the relief was wonderful . I got my hubby to do this after his colonoscopy he has here regularly and he said it worked quickly . Now one word of warning . Please close the curtains or you will get really funny looks

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 33381 wrote:

Ok this is for the wind and it works , my daughter friend a physio , visited me day one I was in ITU , but was up walking trying to shift the wind . She asked was I prepared to try this , well the pains was horrible so I said yes . I might ask her and me daughter were in fits of laughter with me behind the curtains . My daughter also is a nurse on that ward . Any way you stand beside your bed and hold on ( draw the curtains ) and do knee bend / squats for as long as you can . This apparently shifts the wind down the colon . Then you climb on your bed , with your bottom higher than you head and Rock back and forward untill out IT pops .you can imagine how the two of them were in fits but the relief was wonderful . I got my hubby to do this after his colonoscopy he has here regularly and he said it worked quickly . Now one word of warning . Please close the curtains or you will get really funny looks

HAHAHAHA! It’s gets funnier every time I hear it!

You are such a comedian Kim. But, of course, it is a tried and trusted method so also very, very important.

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media